+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ellenberger vs. Woodley In The Works For UFC 158

Default Ellenberger vs. Woodley In The Works For UFC 158

Condit Draws Hendricks, Ellenberger vs. Woodley In The Works For UFC 158
    Ellenberger will now fight a new opponent, likely to be Tyron Woodley.

According to MMAJunkie.com, Dana White said that Strikeforce welterweight champion, Tarec Saffeidine turned down the offer to fight Carlos Condit on under one month’s notice. Saffeidine is coming off a decision victory over Nate Marquardt January 12 in the main event of Strikeforce’s final card.

Woodley will probably go to sleep
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I think Ellenberger will be the one going to sleep...

Got a link (Just bustin' balls)

Surprising that Tarec would turn down the fight. If he really wanted to jump to the top of the UFC WW division, he would have taken the fight. No doubt that if he won the Condit fight, he'd be #1 or #2 contender (#1 assuming the UFC continues their crazy title fight decision making, and #2 if they decide to go back to their "legit" rankings for title contention).

Regardless, it is what it is... Ellenberger takes this fight. At the very least, he takes it by decision. Woodley is a great fighter, and a wonderful acquisition from Strikeforce. Unfortunately, he fought some true cans in Strikeforce, as well as some no-name opponents. However his only loss was to Marquardt (4th round KO), but also has a UD victory over the last Strikeforce WW champ, who apparently just turned down a big fight (according to this same article.)

I got Hendricks and Ellenberger both winning by KO.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

6. Default

If Condit beats Hendricks, it would still be too soon for a GSP rematch. And if GSP beats Diaz (lol, I know), and Rory injured/not willing to face GSP, that actually puts Maia next in line for a titleshot.

Unless Ellenberger puts Woodley to sleep in dramatic fashion. Then it's a toss up.
    ------------------

Holy shit did Hendricks' just raise the risk of losing his title shot by a boatload or what? Ellenberger was a sleeper and a tough out, but Condit is elite and Hendricks doesn't have near the tools to his advantage that he would've in the Ellenberger matchup.

Damn.

As long as condit wins i dont care what happens to the rest of them. I wanna see maia get a crack at gsp sooner than later. If hendricks loses maybe fitch or kampman could get a rematch.

Hendricks is a crazy motherfucker. Good luck to him.

Why would they pull the Jake/Johnny fight? Put Condit (who is coming off a loss) against Woodly or something. I really don't care who Condit fights at this point I want to see Jake and Johnny, they have been training for each other. Ah I'm just whining about it but still, we're getting closer so why split up so many people on the card instead of finding Condit someone.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information