Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Henderson claims Anderson Silva 'manipulates the UFC'

Default Dan Henderson claims Anderson Silva 'manipulates the UFC'

Morning Report: Josh Barnett explains failed Zuffa deal; Dan Henderson claims Anderson Silva 'manipulates the UFC' - MMA Fighting

former champ Dan Henderson told MMA Interviews: "For the last five years (he) has tried to pick and choose who he fights and manipulates the UFC a little bit. ... You know he didn't want to fight me again. He kind of tries to stay away from guys that are dangerous or have a dangerous style for him, especially because he's looking toward the end of his career and he wants to retire without losing again. It's not necessarily how a champ should be, but at the same time, he's trying to be smart about things."

well. he does.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

I'd still love to see Hendo/Silva II at 205 lbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Hendo is a straight shooter.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Anderson does to an extent, and it's annoying. But he also manipulated Hendo's breathing with a RNC when Dan had his opportunity to do something about it.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Quote Originally Posted by CapCee View Post
    Anderson does to an extent, and it's annoying. But he also manipulated Hendo's breathing with a RNC when Dan had his opportunity to do something about it.
    ...and rematches are for wussies anyways.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...and rematches are for wussies anyways.

rh
    Henderson looked just stellar the last time we saw him at 185, didn't he?
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

So why wouldn't Anderson just kick his ass again?

He won't fight--whoopsie, cross that out before the whining starts--doesn't want to fight Weidman because the payday isn't right, a Henderson PPV would have been great money.

If he's just a businessman and it's all about the benjies--as the current excuse-wagon would have us believe--Anderson should have just taken the fight, KO'd/Choked/AirGuitared his way through it with ease.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

And the sky is blue....

Thanks Captain Hendo Obvious.

Silva looked stellar in the first round against Henderson, didn't he?

Hendo, you lost fairly and that is that.

Anderson is the champ because he gets the job done the first time, he doesn't need "just one more shot", he doesn't need any rematches, excuses and he doesn't need to manipulate the UFC.

This interview is a manipulation, fighters calling out the champ after a win is manipulating. Anderson not wanting to beat a guy that he already beat is not manipulating, it's logical. What more does it prove?

Nobody cares about something that's already happened before and nobody cares about a successful second chance. Further, I don't think Dan would beat Anderson in a rematch, Anderson has shown that he is the smartest fighter alive and he learns from the first fight and comes back much stronger in rematches.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information