+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Henderson claims Anderson Silva 'manipulates the UFC'

Doesn't matter who would have won the rematch. It only matters that Anderson did whatever he did not to take the rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    So why wouldn't Anderson just kick his ass again?

rh
    Because Hendo has about as much going for him at MW as Cung Le and whatever other ridiculous matchup Silva/Soares has come up with. Hell, at least Cung Le won his most recent fight in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Silva looked stellar in the first round against Henderson, didn't he?
    Damn, and all this time I thought titles, wins, and rankings were based on fights, and not rounds. Silly me! Well this entire discussion is moot. Chael wasn't being delusional when he said he was the real UFC MW champion! Look at alllll those ROUNDS he won against Silva! Who cares if a guy gets finished, just look good in a round or two along the way, huh?
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    lol, are you high? So I guess Hughes should have never rematched GSP after arm-barring him in the first round, right?

JDS should have never given Cain a second chance, after having knocked him out in the first round, right?

Randy should have never rematched Chuck after having TKO'ed him in the 3rd round, right?

Wandy should have never fought Rampage a third time either?

I might buy this if Anderson hadn't fought Chael twice and if Dan had not gone to Strikeforce. I used to blame Dana for letting Dan go but ultimately Dan Henderson chose to leave rather than take a good but not great deal. If Dan had stayed and gassed out again vs Anderson like he did with Shields he'd never get another titleshot against anyone in any ufc division

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    Hendo, you lost fairly and that is that.

Anderson is the champ because he gets the job done the first time, he doesn't need "just one more shot", he doesn't need any rematches, excuses and he doesn't need to manipulate the UFC.

This interview is a manipulation, fighters calling out the champ after a win is manipulating. Anderson not wanting to beat a guy that he already beat is not manipulating, it's logical. What more does it prove?

Nobody cares about something that's already happened before and nobody cares about a successful second chance. Further, I don't think Dan would beat Anderson in a rematch, Anderson has shown that he is the smartest fighter alive and he learns from the first fight and comes back much stronger in rematches.
    Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    lol, are you high? So I guess Hughes should have never rematched GSP after arm-barring him in the first round, right?

JDS should have never given Cain a second chance, after having knocked him out in the first round, right?

Randy should have never rematched Chuck after having TKO'ed him in the 3rd round, right?

Wandy should have never fought Rampage a third time either?

Seems like that happens alot. Someone should...like...make a list or something.

http://www.mmanews.com/forums/genera...less-list.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post

Silva looked stellar in the first round against Henderson, didn't he?
    looked even better in the second round. Hendo looked really good in rounds 2,3,4,5 against Jake Sheilds, didnt he?

Dan's only speaking the truth and yes I do believe Anderson did not want to have a rematch against Hendo a few years back. Remember Hendo was trying to get a rematch before he went to SF and looked awful at MW against Shields. During that time he beat Franklin and Bisping and despite losing looked better against Anderson than anybody else had in the UFC. There really weren't any other top guys that were contending. Vitor hadn't beat Franklin yet at this point either and Dan decided to leave after they announced Vitor was getting the shot.

Personally I'd never like to see Hendo go to 185 again, but I think he has a shot against Anderson at 205. I'd still probably pick Anderson but that doesn't mean Hendo wouldn't be a threat.

Brown Pride

Quote Originally Posted by CapCee View Post
    Because Hendo has about as much going for him at MW as Cung Le and whatever other ridiculous matchup Silva/Soares has come up with. Hell, at least Cung Le won his most recent fight in the division.
    wait...are you talking about 2013, or 2009?

do you really believe that Anderson could see into the future where Hendo would fail against Shields and that's why he didn't take the fight?

Or do you really believe--like our poor, misguided friend above--that all rematches are for chumps?

Because the money argument that's currently being used is already blown out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    I might buy this if Anderson hadn't fought Chael twice and if Dan had not gone to Strikeforce.
    Does fighting one rematch--and complaining about it the whole time--excuse the fact that he let the parasites who work for him whine his way out of rematches with both Henderson and Marquardt?

Those would have been great fights. Even though Anderson was an overwhelming favorite to win them, I feel robbed by their absence. And the fact that we got the Maia nonsense instead is just salt in the wound.

I used to blame Dana for letting Dan go but ultimately Dan Henderson chose to leave rather than take a good but not great deal.
    Do you know the actual details of the deal? I'd love to hear them. I've only heard rumors, and they indicated it wasn't even a good deal.

If Dan had stayed and gassed out again vs Anderson like he did with Shields he'd never get another titleshot against anyone in any ufc division
    Yeah, because he totally gassed there. It would've totes preclude him from ever fighting for a title again, ever. totes.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Wow.
    I know, right? Comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesnar_FTW View Post
    Dan's only speaking the truth and yes I do believe Anderson did not want to have a rematch against Hendo a few years back. Remember Hendo was trying to get a rematch before he went to SF and looked awful at MW against Shields. During that time he beat Franklin and Bisping and despite losing looked better against Anderson than anybody else had in the UFC. There really weren't any other top guys that were contending. Vitor hadn't beat Franklin yet at this point either and Dan decided to leave after they announced Vitor was getting the shot.
    Just to clarify, Marquardt KO'd Maia a month after Henderson was announced as the #1 contender and was told he had the next title shot.

soares immediately began a program of discrediting both fighters and stating they hadn't earned a shot and they should have to fight each other. That's what Henderson is referring to.

So neither fighter got a shot, and the next time Anderson defended, it was...against the guy that Marquardt had just KO'd. But to make up for it, it was a totes awesome fight, one of the absolute highlights of Anderson's career. Thank jeebus it's not like he actually gassed playing air guitar and dancing instead of actually fighting, because gassing like that would totes mean he'd never be able to fight again in any ufc division. totes.

Personally I'd never like to see Hendo go to 185 again, but I think he has a shot against Anderson at 205. I'd still probably pick Anderson but that doesn't mean Hendo wouldn't be a threat.
    Henderson was always spotty at 185, and bouncing up and down in weight made it worse as he got older. Couple that with a back injury at SF Nashville, and you've got a recipe for goddawful.

Anderson will never fight Henderson again, at 185, at 205, on a plane, a boat or train; or with a knife to save his life.

Because rematches are for wussies, and he can see into the future.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information