Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Henderson claims Anderson Silva 'manipulates the UFC'

Rivethead says things that I want to say, but he says them smarter.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

no, no, no... Dan had a bad injury against Sheilds which resulted in a poor performance... unlike Anderson who made up an injury against Sonnen...

Id love to see the Hendo/Anderson rematch.... eventually, before its all over, but Anderson has more important fights now.

Dan couldnt come to terms with the UFC, he got offered a higher price and went for it. Im still not sold that Dan's asking price for his contract from the UFC didnt play a part in him leaving and not getting his title shot... The UFC knows that Dan is a huge draw... That is the type of fight they really try to force... Dana may have said Dan would get a title shot, but it complicates things slightly when he isnt even signed with the UFC after that.

And speaking of rematches... didnt Dan turn down rematches with both Lil Nog and Shogun, while he knew he wouldnt get his shot at Jones until late summer.

I also love how Dan goes on to say that he wants to see Anderson fight Luke Rockhold, who he thinks would give him fits.... While many of the MMA community were acting like that Anderson's camp was foaming at the mouth at the idea of that fight.

Gotta admit, I think Dan is a great fighter and I for one would not have minded watching that fight. But let's face it, Dan wanted that fight, but did he earn that fight? It's debatable, after losing to Silva he beat Paul Harris (barely ranked) in a tight decision, then Ace (not sure if top 10) in a split decision and then Bisping (not top 10) in what is one of the greatest KOs of all time. But the point remains, did he want it or did he earn it?

Dan wanted the fight and Silva didn't. Dan left the UFC. Had Dan beat a top 5 guy after Bisping he probably would have gotten the fight.

Everyone wants a shot at the belt, so that is a pretty good reason for Dan to want the rematch. But what was in it for Silva? I'm not saying rematches don't mean anything, but people don't usually seek rematches with people they beat. So all I'm saying is that I don't think there is anything wrong with Silva not wanting that fight. Also saying that I'm not convinced that Dan did enough to really earn it.

I am a big fan of Dan, but let's face it, he is the type of guy that is always looking out for himself. He is the guy that not too long ago said that he should have been the Main Event over Rhonda, despite that being a title fight...

Good point... Did I subconsciously create another account?

Dont worry, soon we will clear the filth of this site that is Rivet, Sakara and Hoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post

Dont worry, soon we will clear the filth of this site that is Rivet, Sakara and Hoss.
    WTF...you be smoking??

You dont just lose 3 of the top 10 pound for pound posters on the forum without massive repercussions.

That would be suicide to the forum in all seriousness it would be like the UFC just dropping AS GSP and JBJ...Unlike them we'd have more stars remaining but it would hit us rather hard.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Use the force, Hoss!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    WTF...you be smoking??

You dont just lose 3 of the top 10 pound for pound posters on the forum without massive repercussions.

That would be suicide to the forum in all seriousness it would be like the UFC just dropping AS GSP and JBJ...Unlike them we'd have more stars remaining but it would hit us rather hard.
    Can I be a soft ranked #9 or #10?

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Can I be a soft ranked #9 or #10?
    I wonder what a top 10 list would look like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wonder what a top 10 list would look like
    Somebody should make a p4p posters thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    Id love to see the Hendo/Anderson rematch.... eventually, before its all over, but Anderson has more important fights now.
    Hehehe what? Chasing St. Pierre around is more important? Does Silva even have a fight lined up at all? Chasing Le, destructofucked Bisping are more important than what?

I want to see that fight as well. Why not make it at LHW and have Silva go up because he has fought there before and isn't gonna fight anyone close to deserving for a title shot at MW.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Thread Information