Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donald Cerrone vs. K.J. Noons added to May's UFC 160 card in Las Vegas

Default Donald Cerrone vs. K.J. Noons added to May's UFC 160 card in Las Vegas

Donald Cerrone vs. K.J. Noons added to May's UFC 160 card in Las Vegas

A lightweight slugfest is the latest fight to be added to the UFC's Memorial Day weekend card.

Donald Cerrone (19-5 MMA, 6-2 UFC) will meet K.J. Noons (11-6 MMA, 0-0 SF) at UFC 160 in May. FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight" brought word of the fight booking on Tuesday night.

UFC 160 takes place May 25 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas with a main card on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook. Earlier this month, the UFC announced a main event heavyweight title fight between Cain Velasquez and Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva for the card, as well as a heavyweight bout between former champ Junior dos Santos and former top contender and former Strikeforce champ Alistair Overeem.

Cerrone is coming off a loss this past month to former WEC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis at UFC on FOX 6 in Chicago. Pettis landed a body kick in the first round and followed it up with a couple of punches on the ground to get the stoppage. It was just Cerrone's second loss in his past 10 fights and the first time he has been stopped by knockout or TKO.

Cerrone, who twice fought for the WEC title, won his first four UFC fights in 2011 before a unanimous decision loss to Nate Diaz at UFC 141 snapped a six-fight streak. Then he picked up wins over Jeremy Stephens and a knockout of Melvin Guillard in 2012 before the loss to Pettis. In his eight UFC fights, "Cowboy," a Jackson/Winkeljohn MMA student, has six fight-night bonus awards.

Noons will make his UFC debut after a seven-fight run in Strikeforce that saw him go 3-4. The former EliteXC lightweight champ fought Nick Diaz for the welterweight title in a rematch from their EliteXC days in his third fight for Strikeforce, but lost a unanimous decision as Diaz avenged the loss from nearly three years earlier.

Noons better remember fight is more than just boxing and better come in with more than just throwing punches. He has shown some improved TDD as of late and as long as he can avoid the ground, he can pick apart Cerrone ala Diaz style.

Fireworks! I got Cerrone on this one.

damn how the mighty have fallen i hope cowboy can redeem himself

5. Default

Cerrone easily takes this.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

FOTN! I'm taking Ceronne

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Seems like a gimme fight for Cerrone
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Seems like fireworks to me. This will be a good fight. I got Donald as my early pick, but Noons is tough. He has good boxing and has held up against good competition.

Cerrone turns Noons legs in eggplants and finishes him in the 3rd
    I am the liquor

This^^^
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Thread Information