Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen Supports UFC’s New TRT Testing, Has Already Been Tested

Default Chael Sonnen Supports UFC’s New TRT Testing, Has Already Been Tested

Chael Sonnen Supports UFC's New TRT Testing, Has Already Been Tested. | MMAWeekly.com

TUF 17 coach Chael Sonnen, who uses TRT, supports the organization’s new stance on the controversial treatment.

“First off, I admire Dana on many levels. But for me, this is his crowning moment, both as a leader, but also with his integrity. You are never going to find a chief executive of any corporation, be it sport, business or otherwise that shines a light on his own organization and says, ‘We have a problem.’ Guys, we’re not talking about testosterone use, we’re talking about testosterone abuse,” Sonnen said on UFC Tonight.

Sonnen was suspended for elevated testosterone levels following his UFC 117 loss to Anderson Silva. He appealed the decision. He was fined and suspended, but granted a license to compete, as well as a therapeutic use exemption, when he applied for a new license once the terms of the suspension were fulfilled.

Sonnen claims the new TRT testing has already been deployed. He should know; he’s already been tested.

“The testing has already started. I can tell you firsthand, I have already been tested since this announcement,” said Sonnen.

Because sonnen's word means something. Lol

Why does this feel like a murderer shaking the judge's hand and telling him he did a good job on the trial right after he got off on a technicality?
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    Because sonnen's word means something. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Why does this feel like a murderer shaking the judge's hand and telling him he did a good job on the trial right after he got off on a technicality?
    Love him or hate him, Sonnen is brilliant with his PR.

Clearly brilliant is a subjective term here.

Clearly brilliant is a subjective term here.
    clearly.

The guy is 3-2 in his last five fights... Sonnen isnt the most exciting fighter nor does he have many fights in the UFC in which he actually finished his opponent. Yet he has had 2 title shots and is about to get his 3rd in a division he has never fought in within the UFC.

Chael is on the highest watched season of TUF, in the list of top 5 PPV draws, has landed commentary roles and has some of the most watched interviews in the UFC. Fans love to watch him - mostly to watch him lose but still fans paying to see him fight.

I am not saying he is a good man, I am not saying he is a brilliant fighter, but I do think the man has the PR & media thing on lock-down.

Like I said, subjective.

I would tell you this, I'm a parent and have a different perspective on how I am viewed in the world. Felon, liar, cheater, antagonizer...they aren't labels I would associate with brilliance.

Using your barometer, someone else might say Kim Kardashian is brilliant with her PR as well. I would simply disagree.

Successful, yes. Brilliant, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Love him or hate him, Sonnen is brilliant with his PR.
    I don't have problem with him, he sells the hell out of himself and he always brings it. I just don't trust him. His word means nothing. His character might be shit too but I like fighters, and he's a fighter.

Like I said, subjective.

I would tell you this, I'm a parent and have a different perspective on how I am viewed in the world. Felon, liar, cheater, antagonizer...they aren't labels I would associate with brilliance.

Using your barometer, someone else might say Kim Kardashian is brilliant with her PR as well. I would simply disagree.

Successful, yes. Brilliant, no.
    I'm a parent as well, I know that changes perspective... But I don't know if its relevant here... You can be an idiot and be brilliant at painting. You can be bat shit crazy and be still be brilliant. Hitler was brilliant with PR too. Just saying...

Like I said, it's subjective but certainly applicable.

The words I (and many fans) associate with Chael Sonnen have more to do with a circus sideshow than a legitimate fighter (which he is). Most people just want him to shut up and to see him smashed. Brilliant PR (to me) would be boasting and then backing it up. His clearly plagiarized alter-ego isn't fresh, funny, or even entertaining. It probably appeals to the same people it did when it was used 30 years ago in rasslin' but I simply don't buy it.

What I find funny, is how SO MANY people will use Hitler to legitimize an argument on the internet. This isn't a shot against you but it's tired as well. Too many people will find themselves saying, "Yeah, well Hitler was popular in Germany too and look what happened there!" Come on, how good is Hitler's PR REALLY? He's dead, demonized, and the country he loved so much spent decades in ruin and oppression. Not what I would call "brilliant" PR.

Thread Information