+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Muhammed 'King Mo' Lawal Labels Bellator As A True Sport

Default Muhammed 'King Mo' Lawal Labels Bellator As A True Sport

Muhammed 'King Mo' Lawal Labels Bellator As A True Sport - FightLine.com

Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal has only been in one Bellator fight and is already grasping the concept of earning a title fight by winning a tournament. Lawal noted how Bellator has direction with determining No. 1 contenders, unlike the UFC where the boss names who gets the next title shot.

"It makes it a true sport," said Lawal to Bleacher Report. "I think the difference between Bellator and the UFC is that the UFC's more about the spectacle and more about flare. Whereas Bellator it really is a true sport. Every true sport has a title format."

He's gonna get flamed by Fanboys, but he telling the truth. Bellator makes you earn it and if they can stay away from the temptation of following in the UFC's footsteps, then maybe they can establish a true alternative to the UFC for Diehard and Casual fans....no if they'd only get off of Eddie Alverez's nuts....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Bellator doesn't have to deal with as much log jam as the UFC is suffering right now

No but that is strictly because of their format. Even if they had the amount of fighters that the UFC has they could simply make the tournament for said weight class larger and would then give them the ability to put on more shows.
    I definitely agree that they have a definitive format to getting to the title and becoming champion.
    "The time is almost upon us.
    My centuries of manipulating... of preparing... are reaching their resolution.
    With the dawning of the new day, the end times will be upon us... my ascension complete. And you, the twelve -- prophesied saviors of mutantkind... your power will bestow upon me the means to achieve my destiny.
    First, I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

King Mo criticizing someone else for being a spectacle and all about flare? Dana just tweeted that he thinks Bjorn Rebney swears too much.
    LJS-NEMS

Pour some Monster drink on bitches titties and shutup Mo. That being said I do very much like the format Bellator uses and UFC could stand and dose of logic with scheduling their title fights.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

This is the one year that Bellator truly stands out as something different than UFC. In 2013, UFC seems to be about title fights based on attraction, ratings and PPV buys, as opposed to who deserves it.

One of the reasons I like Bellator is how quickly a star (or at least a semi-star) is born. When one guy goes through a tournament, he can go from a relative unknown to going through 3 opponents in a short time and becoming champion or at least fighting for the belt. Guys like Askren, Curran, Chandler, Friere bros quickly come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    He's gonna get flamed by Fanboys, but he telling the truth. Bellator makes you earn it and if they can stay away from the temptation of following in the UFC's footsteps, then maybe they can establish a true alternative to the UFC for Diehard and Casual fans....no if they'd only get off of Eddie Alverez's nuts....
    Unless they get what they want and give Alverez an immediate title shot on PPV... Which would be a bad move by Bellator in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Big Country View Post
    Bellator doesn't have to deal with as much log jam as the UFC is suffering right now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    No but that is strictly because of their format. Even if they had the amount of fighters that the UFC has they could simply make the tournament for said weight class larger and would then give them the ability to put on more shows.

I definitely agree that they have a definitive format to getting to the title and becoming champion.
    Yeah I agree, or those who were brand new to the org could fight another new comer to earn a slot in the next tourny.

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    King Mo criticizing someone else for being a spectacle and all about flare? Dana just tweeted that he thinks Bjorn Rebney swears too much.
    Dont you mean Bjork Rebeny?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    This is the one year that Bellator truly stands out as something different than UFC. In 2013, UFC seems to be about title fights based on attraction, ratings and PPV buys, as opposed to who deserves it.

One of the reasons I like Bellator is how quickly a star (or at least a semi-star) is born. When one guy goes through a tournament, he can go from a relative unknown to going through 3 opponents in a short time and becoming champion or at least fighting for the belt. Guys like Askren, Curran, Chandler, Friere bros quickly come to mind.
    I agree. I know Dana recently took a shit on Bellator's recent decline in viewers on Spike but I think if Bellator keeps building on this Spike brand, they will gain tons of momentum over the year.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information