+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silva vs Weidman in talks for July 6 fight

Default Silva vs Weidman in talks for July 6 fight

Tatame: Silva vs. Weidman in talks for July 6 fight - Mixed Martial Arts News

Anderson Silva will return to the Octagon on July 6, against Chris Weidman, two days after American Independence Day. The UFC usually holds a large events in that holiday week and, according to information obtained by TATAME, Black House managers Jorge Guimarães and Ed Soares are in negotiations for a fight for this date.

Contacted by TATAME, Chris Weidman's agent Dave Martin, confirmed that the UFC is interested in the fight for the Independence Day week, which should happen in Las Vegas. He said there have been initial contact to make the match, and Weidman waiting for a positive response from Zuffa.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Only if GSP and/or Hendricks losses...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

So again, all the bitching in the world by his management and maybe a little by Silva himself but he still ends up fighting who is put in front of him...and generally (always up to this point) wins in fairly definitive fashion.
    He's ducking though, he's ducking.
    4 LIFE

So again, there is an enormous difference between someone stating that he's ducking, and someone stating concerns that he doesn't want to face the best contender available.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    So again, all the bitching in the world by his management and maybe a little by Silva himself but he still ends up fighting who is put in front of him...and generally (always up to this point) wins in fairly definitive fashion.
    He's ducking though, he's ducking.
    Just because it may happen doesn't mean he wasn't avoiding it. He woulda got passed over if Bisping or Rashad would have won, and July is still a few months away. Please don't tell me that this is gonna be the rallying cry for Silva fans.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Huh, a title fight that makes sense? I don't think I'll believe it until they're both in the cage.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

8. Default

I am a Anderson fan but Chris Weidman beats him by UD
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    So again, there is an enormous difference between someone stating that he's ducking, and someone stating concerns that he doesn't want to face the best contender available.

rh
    Indeed.

I know its been beaten to death, but does anybody have a detailed timeline of the event's between Weidman and Silva? As in, who said what first, when Chis announced his injuries, when Silva announced that he would be willing to fight somebody at 205 to save the Brazil card, etc etc etc?

I don't believe Silva is afraid of any man and wouldn't duck anyone. However, in order to determine if he has "avoided" fighting Chris, I need a detailed timeline of who did what first.

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    I just don't see this happening, especially not since Silva has learned how to utilize the cage to defend take downs. If Sonnen's "in your face" style couldn't get him down in round 2, I definitely don't see Chris being able to grind his way to a UD.
    Last edited by CtGreat; 02-21-2013 at 05:54 PM.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    LOL! No, Weidman gets destroyed within 3 rounds. I'd be surprised if he made it out of the second round.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information