Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whose Grappling Credentials Are Overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Also, save those passive aggressive smart ass quips for the rookies. Ive earned a little respect here.
    Easy does it ma'am.

Also, save those passive aggressive smart ass quips for the rookies. Ive earned a little respect here.
    Sakara is on TRT.

Quit cheating, man. Why you gotta do it?

Ease up there cowboys...

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I'm going to go on a limb and say "Jake Shields and the entirety of his UFC run."
    Come on man Jakes is crazy good he even beat Vinny M
    “I just want to be known as the greatest ever…is that too much to ask?”

B.J Penn

https://www.facebook.com/roy.billington1
    https://twitter.com/RoyBillington

I'm pleased this hasn't degenerated into fighterbashing. Please keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    GSP is one of the best at advancing positions. He passes guard so fluidly. The problem about going for submissions is that you're more at risk for losing position. This is what I noticed when GSP goes for submissions; he is constantly afraid to lose positions, so he doesn't fully commit to many submissions.
    that's pretty common in fighters with such a strong wrestling base.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I'm going to go on a limb and say "Jake Shields and the entirety of his UFC run."
    I'm not going to defend Jake's UFC performances, but his grappling is without question among the best at WW.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I disagree
    I hope this post doesn't creep out Sakara=Excitement.

7. Default

I completely agree. You can be a black belt from many displines, but learning 70% BJJ and using 50% shouldn't earn you a black belt.
    I do see a new art were it is the combination of different styles. Example were a BJJ, wrestling, and a striking coaches all at elite level got together and issued a MMA belt. There are no one style fighters doing much good fighting in the UFC. A excellent blend of arts would be GSP to me. I would call him a true Black belt in rounded MMA.

If you watch Gurgel's early fights, he had a lot of trouble taking people down. He doesn't really have the wrestling to implement his BJJ well, and has made a lot of money getting in wars banging with people.

Zombie is born!

As much as i hate to say it -Dan Henderson. Highly touted olympic level wrestling and he gets handled by Anderson, Rampage , Sheilds , and to an extent Shogun. You canmake the gassing weightcut excuses but your grappling needs to be good for all the rounds you commit to fight.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Thread Information