Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you pay for your BJJ membership?

Default What do you pay for your BJJ membership?

I am shopping around BJJ gyms and wondering what a reasonable price in your eyes for a monthly membership.

Thanks!

50 bucks. I get 2 classes and an open. Pay five bucks extra a class when I can go to more. I think it is 70 a month at my gym for unlimited classes and opens.

You should be able to try gyms for a week for free. Go do that and decide which instructor will be the best for you. How many gyms are there where you live?

I pay £45 per month for unlimited classes. That includes drill classes, sparring sessions, open mat times, conditioning and seminars. £45 is about $70, around the same as Miz, and it's pretty reasonable.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    50 bucks. I get 2 classes and an open. Pay five bucks extra a class when I can go to more. I think it is 70 a month at my gym for unlimited classes and opens.
    Half a dozen. The quotes I am getting are 100-200 a month and was wondering what others pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Half a dozen. The quotes I am getting are 100-200 a month and was wondering what others pay.

Not sure what you are referring to? Half a dozen?

Oh, I get it. Half a dozen gyms.

If you know you won't be there every day see if they will do a deal for two classes and a open, or whatever.

I live in Missouri. Stuff is probably cheaper here. It is also probably more expensive if you go with a Gracie school, or a big name school.

Try a couple out. You should be able to do a week free. Find a gym you feel comfortable at.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Not sure what you are referring to? Half a dozen?

Oh, I get it. Half a dozen gyms.

If you know you won't be there every day see if they will do a deal for two classes and a open, or whatever.

I live in Missouri. Stuff is probably cheaper here. It is also probably more expensive if you go with a Gracie school, or a big name school.

Try a couple out. You should be able to do a week free. Find a gym you feel comfortable at.
    Right on. Thanks.

Knee MRI appointment in June. Yes, it does take 9-12 months to a year to get a MRI in Canada.

My knee has been slipping and buckling alot recently.

best of luck with the knee problem

ive been checking out places in VA DC area lately nothing under 100/month bucks around here

only one place i really found interesting, twice a week bjj think it was 140 per month no contract and 120 if you agree to a 6 month contract, funny the adults always seem less willing to learn than the teens, im 28 now and i cant seem to find adults my age that are serious about bjj and i dont want to and cant take classes with teens unless its the "open" period

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    best of luck with the knee problem

ive been checking out places in VA DC area lately nothing under 100/month bucks around here

only one place i really found interesting, twice a week bjj think it was 140 per month no contract and 120 if you agree to a 6 month contract, funny the adults always seem less willing to learn than the teens, im 28 now and i cant seem to find adults my age that are serious about bjj and i dont want to and cant take classes with teens unless its the "open" period
    My guess would be that adults are less willing to fail to succeed than teens due to programming and life experience. That would be how I used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    My guess would be that adults are less willing to fail to succeed than teens due to programming and life experience. That would be how I used to be.
    So true, man. Kids don't seem to have any inhibitions, but I'm constantly trying to convince my friends to come along to BJJ, but it just seems like the second you suggest to a friend that they come and try it, a wall comes up and the excuses start. I just wish I could make them see that taking up grappling will change their life, in one way or another.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Thread Information