Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you pay for your BJJ membership?

I pay 75 a month for 2 classes a week (all I can make right now), or 100 a month for 3 classes a week (or you can do $120 for unlimited). Great school. East Coast.

Best thing you can do is find a smaller, privately owned school with a good instructor.

$175-200 is a rip off unless you're going to a very high caliber school or there is something else special about it. I was in a combined Muay Thai/BJJ school (1 business with two separate owners doing separate things. Not like a hybrid shit school) for 6 years (only left because I moved too far away), and I got a deal to train in both schools for $150 (originally $120, but inflation is a bitch). Both were very good instructors. Pretty much training every day, any time. And I live in NJ. One of the most expensive areas in the country.

So for anywhere between $150-200, you better be getting something special.

Can't hurt to find some reviews on the schools you're looking at.

$150 is about the average if you have a quality black belt instructor. We have 7 black belts, so the rate is a little higher. Don't know where you guys live, but some of the rates I'm hearing sound really low.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Right on. Thanks.

Knee MRI appointment in June. Yes, it does take 9-12 months to a year to get a MRI in Canada.

My knee has been slipping and buckling alot recently.

are you kidding me? Id be pissed if I had to wait 9 days. That is straight up BS right there.

on topic: I really want to start taking BJJ classes but I have little to no time on my hands as of right now.

I pay $300 every three months and that allows me as many classes as I want to attend(7 days a week, several Gi and No Gi classes a day until 11pm, Wrestling fundamentals and occasional muay thai training if there's enough interest, MMA sparring for guys who are going that way and then there's the advanced MMA class that will utterly fuck you up if your cardio isn't 100% raging...

Obviously, when we bring in special guys for seminars, it is more money, but I like the facilities and trainers and the variety of Gi and No Gi is very nice.

Fuckin Christ I'm poor. I'll never be able to afford BJJ classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information