Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ronda Rousey Gets More Media Attention Than Any UFC Fighter Ever – Dana White

1. Default

"...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    You think that low?

I am obviously excited because my main man Dan is on the card. I also like Ronda. Do you think this would have been a better free card? I get that people might not want to tune in b/c of the ppv money. I saw a Hooters sign that was pumping it, and they don't pump every card.
    I think that the number will be low because many casuals aren't sold on female fighters unless it's free.

Dana sweetened the pot by saying Lyoto/Dan has title implications, though he says that about a bout prior to every event. I just don't have much hope that the females can break the gender barrier in the first event. But again I base this off a conclusion of talking to many people who were disinterested for the most part.

Too bad this fight will only last a few minutes. Be kinda like their debut on fox just in arm bar style
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Carmouche is fucking talented and will do better than Cupcake Tate did.

I think she will be the first to get out of the first round with Rousey.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Ever since the fight was announced, I thought to myself that this event will do well and it will be because of the women, not the rest of the card. We have to remember people's intrigue is that this is the first women's fight in UFC history, so it's automatically a big deal in the fight world and sports world in general. The big question is how well will the next women's main event do or the one after that. My prediction is not so well.
    Agreed once the initial novelty of women fighting in the UFC has died off the numbers will drop off significantly.

If this helps build the womens division into a real division then good.

Thread Information