Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winner of Lyoto Machida and Dan Henderson Gets UFC Title Shot

Default Winner of Lyoto Machida and Dan Henderson Gets UFC Title Shot

Winner of Lyoto Machida and Dan Henderson Gets UFC Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

“I love this fight. Stylistically I think it’s a great fight. Machida has his style where he lays back and counter-punches and Henderson is move forward. He’s aggressive and in your face the entire time. I think the fight is going to be a great fight, and this fight is all about the winner,” said White. “The winner gets a shot at Jon Jones.”

Machida, a former UFC light heavyweight champion, has said leading up to the fight with Henderson that he felt the winner deserves a title shot. The two are ranked as the top two contenders in the division by the official UFC Rankings.

“I believe, out of this fight, whoever wins should definitely be the contender for the title. If we’re number one and number two then the title shot should definitely be on the line in this fight,” Machida said on a UFC 157 conference call last week.

*Didnt Dana just say Goose gets the next shot if he has an impressive outing and beats Mousasi?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Winner of Lyoto Machida and Dan Henderson Gets UFC Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

*Didnt Dana just say Goose gets the next shot if he has an impressive outing and beats Mousasi?
    Dana doesn't know if he's comming or going lol

"I think the fight is going to be a great fight, and this fight is all about the winner,” said White. “The winner gets a shot at Jon Jones.”

assuming jones is still champ.

Quote Originally Posted by thefirm0 View Post
    "I think the fight is going to be a great fight, and this fight is all about the winner,” said White. “The winner gets a shot at Jon Jones.”

assuming jones is still champ.
    I think that's a safe assumption. Unless chael uses the technique Forrest said he'd try. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Dana doesn't know if he's comming or going lol
    Ronda knows if Dana is cumming or going.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Ronda knows if Dana is cumming or going.
    Classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    He also said that Kimbo would never fight in the UFC, that there would never be a WMMA division in the UFC, that Couture would never fight again in UFC, that Tito would never fight again in UFC, that TRT was absolutely OK, that Fedor is overrated, that Chael Sonnen would not talk his way to a title shot and many other things.
    He is just a clown and no one should take seriously anything he has to say.

Yesterday he said that Gustaffson is the next for a title shot, today he said that it is the winner of Machida-Hendo, tomorrow he will say that Cormier is the next one.

He does not even say "He will get a shot at the LHW title", he says "He will get a shot at Jon Jones". Even he knows that Chael Sonnen vs Jones is a fucking joke!!
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Classy.

I'll believe what Dana says when it comes to stuff like this when the actual fight contract is signed and promoting the card otherwise just a waste of time listening/reading what he says.

His revolving door of contender talk is almost as annoying as the super fight talk or whatever fighter it is this week that is gonna drop weight classes to challenge for the title talk. Nothing like a lot of hype for things that aren't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I'll believe what Dana says when it comes to stuff like this when the actual fight contract is signed and promoting the card otherwise just a waste of time listening/reading what he says.

His revolving door of contender talk is almost as annoying as the super fight talk or whatever fighter it is this week that is gonna drop weight classes to challenge for the title talk. Nothing like a lot of hype for things that aren't happening.
    Dana White says this about a bout every event to increase a fan's emotional connection to a card in an attempt to increase the buy numbers.

Thread Information