+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winner of Lyoto Machida and Dan Henderson Gets UFC Title Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Winner of Lyoto Machida and Dan Henderson Gets UFC Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

*Didnt Dana just say Goose gets the next shot if he has an impressive outing and beats Mousasi?
    No, he said Goose was "in line" for a title shot meaning he's in title contention with a win. Goose may be one or two or three wins away from a title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    He also said that Kimbo would never fight in the UFC, that there would never be a WMMA division in the UFC, that Couture would never fight again in UFC, that Tito would never fight again in UFC, that TRT was absolutely OK, that Fedor is overrated, that Chael Sonnen would not talk his way to a title shot and many other things.
    He is just a clown and no one should take seriously anything he has to say.

Yesterday he said that Gustaffson is the next for a title shot, today he said that it is the winner of Machida-Hendo, tomorrow he will say that Cormier is the next one.

He does not even say "He will get a shot at the LHW title", he says "He will get a shot at Jon Jones". Even he knows that Chael Sonnen vs Jones is a fucking joke!!
    I really don't like Dana White too much either, but

blah fuckin blah blah blah. If Gus gets an impressive stoppage of Gegard and Hendo/Machida turns out to be a snoozer , Gus will get the shot . And if there is an impressive showing from Dan or Mahida they'll get it . We've been through this before and hindsight will determine the title shot recipient. Who was it we had a mini touney with not too long ago for the 205 title shot? Bader/Machida and Shogun/someone?
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Does anybody REALLY care who gets the shot between Hendo/Machida winner or Goose? I mean who cares if Dana White is going back n forth between those guys as to who is the next contender. I'm just glad to hear he is saying that it will be those guys (deserving contenders) rather than inserting someone non-deserving.

Believe me, If Goose gets the title shot, I'll be happy.
    If Hendo wins and gets the shot, I'll be happy.
    If Machida wins, I still think he needs one more win, but I wouldnt throw a fit if he gets the next shot.

I am pulling for Hendo to get the shot if he wins. Dude is old, he is only getting older, not to many more chances for him to get a shot. Me thinking about him getting a shot has probably already doomed him tomorrow.

God help the people at the house I am going to if they start talking shit if Dan gets Hendo'd himself. I will throw an alcoholic fit of epic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Dana White says this about a bout every event to increase a fan's emotional connection to a card in an attempt to increase the buy numbers.
    Oh I know that's why I'm not giving what he says any real concern when it comes to things like this. I'll be interested once the championship fights are signed any talk of a match number one contenders match I won't view as being legit at this point.

Somebody needs to read The Boy Who Cried Wolf to Dana. Obviously it was missed in his childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I am pulling for Hendo to get the shot if he wins. Dude is old, he is only getting older, not to many more chances for him to get a shot. Me thinking about him getting a shot has probably already doomed him tomorrow.

God help the people at the house I am going to if they start talking shit if Dan gets Hendo'd himself. I will throw an alcoholic fit of epic proportions.
    I'm there with you in spirit mate.
    Legalize MMA in New York

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information