+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White: DON'T f@$%ing turn down Joe Silva

Default White: DON'T f@$%ing turn down Joe Silva

White: DON'T f@$%ing turn down Joe Silva - Mixed Martial Arts News

This life has only a few rules that cannot be broken. "You don't tug on superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask of the ol' lone ranger, and according to UFC president Dana White, you don't turn down UFC VP for Talent Relations Joe Silva.

ďI can tell you this man, you f@$%ing call Joe Silva and turn down a fight, you might as well say f@$%ng rip up my contract," said White at the UFC on Fuel TV 7 post-fight media scrum. "Heís a mean little f@$%er. You donít call Joe Silva and tell him you donít want to f@$%ing fight anybody man. You might as well take the fight because itís going be worse if you donít. You might as well do it, f@$% it, Iíll fight him."

Silva, although famously low key, is widely regarded as one of the most powerful figures in the sport.

2. Default

He's clearly pointing fingers. I wonder at who though?

I just read Saffffffffffffffferdine turned a fight down. Not too good my man, not too good.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post

I just read Saffffffffffffffferdine turned a fight down. Not too good my man, not too good.
    Especially coming over from Strikeforce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

It's kinda bullshit when they have other options to get all pissed when a guy turns down a short notice fight. I can see if a champ turns down a fight how it would be frustrating because it ruins the main event, but if it's a mid-level guy then just get another mid-level guy.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Demian Maia scared Saffiedine?

Joe's a pretty fascinating cat in his own right, kind of the Bob to Dana's Harvey Weinstein.

I've heard a whole bunch of guys turning down fights lately, T-Wood was another name that was being brought up for the Ellenberger matchup.

Unless it is a weightcut issue like in Vinny's case or if you're Dan Miller, I normally think that unless you're top five ranked, you should probably take the call.

Remember the ole days when you didn't know who you were fighting till the night of? now that was bad ass!

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Especially coming over from Strikeforce.
    Especially being the SF WW Champ!

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Remember the ole days when you didn't know who you were fighting till the night of? now that was bad ass!
    A different bread of fighters back then.

We have no idea the reasons for people turning down fights. Fight a guy like Jake I would think most people would want a full or nearly full camp to just get their conditioning up. I mean kudos to those guys that will fight short notice but I cannot blame people that won't. These guys are such a high level and so specialized with their training they probably need the 8, 10, 20 weeks who knows. Still, I hold no grudges as no one but the fighter and their team knows how they are doing physically and mentally at the time of a fight offer.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    We have no idea the reasons for people turning down fights. Fight a guy like Jake I would think most people would want a full or nearly full camp to just get their conditioning up. I mean kudos to those guys that will fight short notice but I cannot blame people that won't. These guys are such a high level and so specialized with their training they probably need the 8, 10, 20 weeks who knows. Still, I hold no grudges as no one but the fighter and their team knows how they are doing physically and mentally at the time of a fight offer.
    Hendricks and Marquardt are indeed bad asses.

Not the smartest decision for the short term but the long term consequences will be good either way.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information