Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cole Miller on TRT, Cowboy Cerrone and Fighting For His Job

Default Cole Miller on TRT, Cowboy Cerrone and Fighting For His Job

Cole Miller on TRT, Cowboy Cerrone and Fighting For His Job | Chicago's MMA

“I am fighting for my job. No one has told me if I lose then I am cut, but that would make 3 (losses) in a row. Definitely the loser goes home after this fight,” Miller told Chicago’s MMA.

With the exception of Dan Hardy, three straight losses in the UFC seems to be the death knell. Both Miller and Palaszewski have lost three of their last four fights, including two in a row.

That aspect adds intrigue to what is already an interesting matchup of skills. Miller is known for his killer sub game, while Palaszewski has become known as more of a striker, although he does have an underrated ground game. Miller’s last 5 wins have come via submission. So can he beat Bart standing or does he have to take it to the ground?

“I never feel like I have to do anything to get the win. I can say that being predictable and trying to fight only in one area at a time is not the kind of game plan to go in there with to fight an experienced, seen-it-all kind of fighter like Bart.”

With so much at stake, Miller doesn’t have much energy to think about grudges, but rest assured that his feud with Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone is alive and well.

“When you don’t like someone, you don’t like them,” Miller said. “Nothing’s changed. Of course I want to fight the guy, but I’m not really in that kind of position at the moment. He’s the big dog right now at lightweight, with several high profile showings and I’m 0-2 at featherweight fighting for my job. I’m trying to think about Bart Palaszewski, not that guy.”

Miller also shared his thought on TRT usage throughout MMA. A well-known opponent of TRT, Miller doesn’t care that it is deemed ‘legal’.

“I’ve always been vocal about fighters that cheat, and use TRT. TRT can be called legal all day long. If your body doesn’t produce naturally what you feel it should then you shouldn’t fight anymore,” Miller said.

“I don’t respect anyone as a martial artist that uses TRT, EPO, HGH, Anavar, Deca or any other kind of steroid. What makes people worth fighting at the highest level is that they have something others don’t whether you were born with great genetics and have an average skill set, or your skill set is super high and you have below average athletic abilities. So basically you’re saying ‘I’m not happy with the cards I’ve been dealt, let me inject this into my body so we can all be equal’. But it’s not equal — that’s why guys that can throw 100mph consistently are worth big dollars, and guys that have a crazy amount of testosterone and killer instinct and high skill sets are worth big dollars.”

Heh, when I read the headline my first thoughts were, "Cole on TRT? Wow...". I guess missing some sleep last night did affect me somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Cole Miller on TRT, Cowboy Cerrone and Fighting For His Job | Chicago's MMA. Both Miller and Palaszewski have lost three of their last four fights, including two in a row.
    Well duh...

Best of luck to Cole...he is fun to watch.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

dimerules28 Guest

It's funny how cole just clearly pointed out why trt and all that hit is wrong. Yet a bunch of ppl are still like " yeah well it's not against the rules" if you don't think trt is cheating your retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Uvall View Post
    Heh, when I read the headline my first thoughts were, "Cole on TRT? Wow...". I guess missing some sleep last night did affect me somewhat.
    I read it like that too. It surprised me when he started talking about cheating lol.

Cole's ignorance on TRT is not surprising. He thinks it's a super drug that gives fighters an unfair advantage. When in reality, it's not. It's used to balance someone's level and make them normal as opposed to low. So he'd rather fight someone with lower testosterone than fight someone on TRT with normal levels. Because that's all it's supposed to be for, and if you test the fighters in training camp, then there is no cheating. I really don't see what all the fuss is about, most guys on TRT have lost their fights. Hell Forest was on it, does he look like he abused steroids or was brimming with testosterone? I think the inhuman weight cuts and insane workouts have a lot to do with fighters developing problems with their testosterone. I could be wrong and I probably am, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm right. MMA fighters put their bodies through months hell to get ready for a 15-25 minute fight. I'd be shocked if their were serious medical consequences just from the preparation to fight alone.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

7. Default

some of the fighters who where/are on TRT couldn't stay within a normal range. Wasn't AO 14/1 ratio over, and wasn't that Nate the greats dissmissal reason?

AO wasn't on TRT and didn't have an exemption. He was cheating and gaming the system.

Nate didn't file the proper paperwork to get an exemption on time.

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    It's funny how cole just clearly pointed out why trt and all that hit is wrong. Yet a bunch of ppl are still like " yeah well it's not against the rules" if you don't think trt is cheating your retarded
    By the definition of what "cheating" is, if a fighter has the proper paper work and keeps within normal levels then no. He's not breaking any rules, and if his levels are normal during training, and normal at fight time... He is not "cheating".

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Your retarded if you don't understand that following the guidelines is the exact opposite of cheating.

Thread Information