Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Henderson on TRT: 'I've been on it for six years, I'd be getting sick without it

Typical Hendo, dropping knowledge lilke H-bombs baby I agree with Dana White on more testing to make sure the Over-rated-roid-a-reems aren't jacking it up sky-high but it should be allowed as long as not abused.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Lyoto Machida Not Concerned About Dan Henderson's TRT Use | MMAWeekly.com
    “Everybody has their own reasons for using it. I don’t know, I’m not a doctor. I’m a fighter,” said Machida during the UFC 157 open workouts on Wednesday. “If the UFC says it’s okay, I think it’s good.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    The problem with those things is ABUSE.

If it is given properly by a physician with proper guidelines for a medical condition then it is none of the fans' business.

If fighters are taking something to gain an advantage like Cyroid or Overoid, that is a different story.

If a fighter needs to take a steroidal inhaler or cream or maybe need painkillers for surgery... it really is nobody's business besides the doctor and the patient.

There is a difference between a treatment and abuse. Everyone is always so ready to paint the world as black and white.
    It is that black in white if you are actively competing in a professional sport you should not be receiving benefits from illegal things like steroids and it is crazy to think that a fighter should be under the influence of painkillers while in the ring.

No one is saying you cant use them just that you cant compete and use them at the same time it is as black and white as that.

Quote Originally Posted by GangGreenWarrior View Post
    Why not just adopt this?

List of drugs banned from the Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or this?

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources.filesBanned%20Substance%20List.pdf

or this?

http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/Wo...st-2013-EN.pdf

Who know's what physical shape Dan Henderson will be in 20 years due to having to use TRT to continue his fighting career. Will there be a large group of former fighters with severe health issues due to TRT? There have been lots of new stories lately about former athletes dealing with issues from their playing days. MMA will be dealing with their stories in a decade or so if they don't tighten up their policies. You don't even hear of TRT exemptions in other sports, and their athlete pools are substantially larger than the UFC. You have to close the door on it now before it is widespread. Grandfather in whoever is on it now and ban it.
    There are plenty of reasons why fighters in general will be in serious trouble when they get older. And those reasons have nothing to do with TRT. Weight Cutting, insane training, injuries, getting Ko'd a shit load of times, getting choked out alot, and having your limbs twisted and broken here and there. Those are a few things that may make the Golden Years a little rocky.....

So based on problems that may or may not exist due to TRT use, they should ban it now before those problems happen or never happen.....

Last edited by joeodd2; 02-23-2013 at 05:25 AM.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    It is that black in white if you are actively competing in a professional sport you should not be receiving benefits from illegal things like steroids and it is crazy to think that a fighter should be under the influence of painkillers while in the ring.

No one is saying you cant use them just that you cant compete and use them at the same time it is as black and white as that.
    Steroids are used in fungal creams. Ban fungal cream!!!!! Let Athlete's Foot take over the world!

No it's not black and white.

Fighters should be allowed to use painkillers for injuries outside the ring as part of a treatment but not abuse it for in-ring use. Same with steroids for the multitude of treatments, just not the ABUSE.

All use is not ABUSE.

Hmm so what if someone is 27.. like lets say Todd Duffee..Is that Ok?

What if you're 33 like Shane Roller or Nate Marquardt?

Where is the line drawn?

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by LefthookStcrook View Post
    Hmm so what if someone is 27.. like lets say Todd Duffee..Is that Ok?

What if you're 33 like Shane Roller or Nate Marquardt?

Where is the line drawn?
    TRT is not an anti-aging serum.

If you have low T then you have low T.

27 year olds can have low testosterone as can 17 year olds.

It's not that difficult a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    TRT is not an anti-aging serum.

If you have low T then you have low T.

27 year olds can have low testosterone as can 17 year olds.

It's not that difficult a concept.
    I have a hard time believing that this guy needs more Testosterone at 27

But to each their own.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by LefthookStcrook View Post
    I have a hard time believing that this guy needs more Testosterone at 27

But to each their own.
    I am not arguing for an individual fighter. I am arguing for the treatment. There is a difference between medical treatments and abuse of substances used in medical treatments.

You can have a chiseled body but still have low testosterone.

It is not an impossibility nor is it extremely rare.

Sniggles is shooting truth bullets at you guys.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Thread Information