+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Henderson on TRT: 'I've been on it for six years, I'd be getting sick without it

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Is what someone says when they want to argue, but know the other person is right.
    No my eyes glassed over but if you liked it good for you.

Is what someone says when they want to argue, but know the other person is right.
    I still think I am right.

Quote Originally Posted by vegas bushido View Post
    You can't stop someone from taking a physician-prescribed medication. Could you imagine if the UFC banned the use of antibiotics? antidepressants? TRT is a pharmacological therapy just like any other medications. You can't legally ban it.
    Can't stop them from taking them no but you certainly can decide whether they should be competing while taking them. Big difference between legally banning something and just not allowing it in a sport.

You do also know that steroids and painkillers are also physician prescribed for various reasons are you ok with people fighting while using them ? Before you say yes maybe consider it's not particularly hard for people with the motivation and money to do so to get prescriptions from doctors for both of the above fairly easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Can't stop them from taking them no but you certainly can decide whether they should be competing while taking them. Big difference between legally banning something and just not allowing it in a sport.

You do also know that steroids and painkillers are also physician prescribed for various reasons are you ok with people fighting while using them ? Before you say yes maybe consider it's not particularly hard for people with the motivation and money to do so to get prescriptions from doctors for both of the above fairly easily.
    The problem with those things is ABUSE.

If it is given properly by a physician with proper guidelines for a medical condition then it is none of the fans' business.

If fighters are taking something to gain an advantage like Cyroid or Overoid, that is a different story.

If a fighter needs to take a steroidal inhaler or cream or maybe need painkillers for surgery... it really is nobody's business besides the doctor and the patient.

There is a difference between a treatment and abuse. Everyone is always so ready to paint the world as black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Hats off for never trying to hide it. Imho TRT should be banned it's a can of worms that is hurting the sport.
    no its not.

but i do believe its a double edged sword.

Competitors who are over 30 will start to notice a drop in natural test. So if someone like Dan Henderson, Randy Couture or anyone in the UFC or who even competes in MMA at an older age would naturally need it if they want to compete. Its essential for muscle growth and recovery. An obvious advantage that a younger male 20-25 would have over someone who is 30-35.

HOWEVER!

Dan Henderson or any fighter over 30 can go see a urologist and say.....

"hey doc, i'm always tired, have no energy, my libido is down and i get no more morning wood. What do you suggest??"

Doc: "Well come in for some blood work on Friday so we can check your test levels.

Fighter: "OK Doc"

Then the night before the blood work, the fighter stays up all night, eats a shit load of food, sits on couch to play video games and gets drunk as FUCK. Then when they draw blood, his test will be that much lower and...

VIOLA!!!

Fighter is now prescribed for TRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Is it just me? I can never finish reading a post of yours.
    Naw man plenty of people have ADD it's nothing to be ashamed of....in fact I hear there are some exciting new medications....go see your doctor.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

TRT should not be banned. It should just be monitored correctly. It's not hard to keep an eye on someone's levels. Too many people want to act like it's a big advantage when it's not if used properly. How is getting you T level to a normal range (the same range as the guy you are fighting) considered an advantage? If that's the case, shouldn't having low T and not being allowed to take TRT be considered a disadvantage?

The ignorant like to act like it's a way for an old man that is past his prime to keep fighting. I know several guys in their 20s who have low T. Sometimes it just happens. Everyone is different. If you need TRT to be healthy, then why should it be banned in a sport? What about people with Thyroid issues? Should their meds be banned too? That could be considered an advantage.

In my opinion, TRT is not what is hurting the sport by any means. It's the lack of testing that is hurting the sport in that area. I think the UFC is scared to implement a strict testing policy because they have a feeling that a LARGE number of fighters won't be able to pass, and then the sport will be hurt.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Why not just adopt this?

List of drugs banned from the Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or this?

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources.filesBanned%20Substance%20List.pdf

or this?

http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/Wo...st-2013-EN.pdf

Who know's what physical shape Dan Henderson will be in 20 years due to having to use TRT to continue his fighting career. Will there be a large group of former fighters with severe health issues due to TRT? There have been lots of new stories lately about former athletes dealing with issues from their playing days. MMA will be dealing with their stories in a decade or so if they don't tighten up their policies. You don't even hear of TRT exemptions in other sports, and their athlete pools are substantially larger than the UFC. You have to close the door on it now before it is widespread. Grandfather in whoever is on it now and ban it.
    The Jets have won more Superbowls than you have.

Boom!

10. Default

The UFC or simular needs to regulate it under the state regulation. Nevada can't regulate a fight happening in Florida. As testing needs to start on the day the fight was offered than some many times leading up to the fight. Even fill ins would need to test to except a fight spot.
    I believe poor ref's and judges hurt the sport more than prescribed TRT.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information