Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 77

Thread: Aldo refuses Pettis fight

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    S. Korea
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    you guys kill me.

    who else is there at 145? chad mendes? cub swanson? the korean zombie who's been out for like a year.

    are any of those fights more interesting or more challenging than anthony pettis? have any of them got a better resume than pettis?

    what the fuck are you guys talking about? there is NO one else right now.

    if aldo refuses to fight pettis, he's lost me as a fan and i hope dana fucks him in every single way he can - doesn't offer him any fights, but doesn't let him out of his contract either. have him stay inactive until he's out of his prime years. champs don't choose their fights. they fight who the boss tells them to fight. it's not like he's telling him to change division and fight a guy much bigger than him.

    pettis has already proven himself and is willing to come down a weight class. i think aldo is scared of pettis. that's all this means to me. and i never say shit like that. as a fan, this situation has made me pissed off at scarface and his camp.
    lemme touch your feet

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,575

    Default

    Good for Aldo. Guys need to earn titlefights. All of Pettis' history at 155 has nothing to do with the 145lb strap.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

    The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

    HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Really?? And what tough guy wannabe Dana is going to do? He is going to cut Aldo or strip him of the belt? LOL
    Everyone is LOL's at you my friend. Not dana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Pasha, control that rage my friend.

    Why are you upset with Dana that Aldo refuses to fight Pettis?

    I am tired of hearing about champs complaining about their opponents. A real FIGHTER will take on who ever his promotion lines him up against and instead of complaining will dispose of the threat like a real champ.
    Fixed it for you cat.

    Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan View Post
    Good for Aldo. Guys need to earn titlefights. All of Pettis' history at 155 has nothing to do with the 145lb strap.
    So DC should have to have a couple fights at 205 before they give him jones right? Because fights at a HIGHER weight class mean nothing?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    424

    Default

    edgar never fought at 145 either and was coming of a loss and got the shot . so why not pettis??

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,057

    Default

    Pettis has never fought at the weight for which he was immediately granted a title shot for and there are worthy challengers at the weightclass who are getting passed over, which somewhat dilutes the division and roster "rankings" as these guys are constantly getting passed over. People are always bemoaning about Weidman and Hendricks being more deserving of title shots and getting passed over for flashier opponents and yet people are fine with these FWs keep getting passed over, I don't get it....

    IMO, Lamas simply deserves it more(he's beaten TWO #1 Contenders and top contender Cub) and he's on a four fight win streak in comparison to Pettis' three wins(one in the Stephens fight that was pretty unimpressive). Likewise, while Cub has already lost to Aldo, he too is on an impressive 4 fight win streak IN THE DIVISION! These guys have put in the time and then a LW superstar decides to come down in weight and get the bump? Nah, not for me.

    And this would be the third LW fighter to drop down and almost immediately get the title shot(Kenny had ONE FW bout vs. Nunes) and for me, I'm all good with this. Keep this in mind too, when Gil loses to Bendo(assuming that happens), he'll TOO probably get bumped to the front of the line of title contendership at 145. These guys with big names think FW is an easier route to a title, so they cut down, for me they should fight for it first. For example, at least Siver and Lentz have made the cut, proven they can win at FW and are making a case.

    I'm with Aldo on this one.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WileyThaOne View Post
    edgar never fought at 145 either and was coming of a loss and got the shot . so why not pettis??
    No, you're right, but Edgar was LW champion, and beat a legend to take that title. He was also a part of some of the greatest title fights in UFC history, AND a LOT of fans still believe he won the Benson rematch.

    I think it's much easier to convince fans that Edgar was at least a little bit 'deserving' of the shot than it is to convince them that a guy that won the title in a now-defunct organisation (and who lost his first UFC fight following that title win).

    The UFC introducing rankings will legitimise title shots, and to me Pettis is absolutely unranked at 145, simply because he hasn't fought there.

    Edgar's fight with Aldo was an intriguing matchup, I understand that. It was interesting, and made for a great fight, but Edgar was not deserving of that fight, and neither is Pettis.


    Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

    0-1 on sig bets.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Pettis has never fought at the weight for which he was immediately granted a title shot for and there are worthy challengers at the weightclass who are getting passed over, which somewhat dilutes the division and roster "rankings" as these guys are constantly getting passed over. People are always bemoaning about Weidman and Hendricks being more deserving of title shots and getting passed over for flashier opponents and yet people are fine with these FWs keep getting passed over, I don't get it....

    IMO, Lamas simply deserves it more(he's beaten TWO #1 Contenders and top contender Cub) and he's on a four fight win streak in comparison to Pettis' three wins(one in the Stephens fight that was pretty unimpressive). Likewise, while Cub has already lost to Aldo, he too is on an impressive 4 fight win streak IN THE DIVISION! These guys have put in the time and then a LW superstar decides to come down in weight and get the bump? Nah, not for me.

    And this would be the third LW fighter to drop down and almost immediately get the title shot(Kenny had ONE FW bout vs. Nunes) and for me, I'm all good with this. Keep this in mind too, when Gil loses to Bendo(assuming that happens), he'll TOO probably get bumped to the front of the line of title contendership at 145. These guys with big names think FW is an easier route to a title, so they cut down, for me they should fight for it first. For example, at least Siver and Lentz have made the cut, proven they can win at FW and are making a case.

    I'm with Aldo on this one.
    Let us not forget that Swanson/Aldo was 3 years ago, and 8 seconds long. Who knows how it could go if now, if they were to rematch.


    Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

    0-1 on sig bets.

  8. Default

    Aldo is right Pettis Doesn't deserves the shot.

    but I would watch
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Maybe Aldo wants more money and this is his camp's way of negotiating. Hard to tell. Interested to see how this plays out though, really hope the fight takes place.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Really?? And what tough guy wannabe Dana is going to do? He is going to cut Aldo or strip him of the belt? LOL
    Absolutely. I keep saying this Dana and the UFC are the bosses and they can pretty much cut whomever they want to. The UFC is pretty close to being a monopoly with no clear cut competition.

    Fighters absolutely do not get to decide who they fight next unless the UFC allows them to. Aldo is fighting Pettis and Silva is fighting Weidman.

    Shogun should be forced to fight that dude that beat Rampage and if he says No again hes out too.

    Enough is enough.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •