Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Aldo refuses Pettis fight

Damn, first Jones now Aldo. They need to just schedule the fight, and if Aldo doesn't show, he forfeits and loses the title.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    So I suppose IMO if Aldo decided to go up and get and immediate title shot he would be the 1st man ever holding 2 belts at once.
    ...in the UFC, you mean.

Hendo did it in PRIDE, and for what it was worth, Sheilds did it in EXC.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    Damn, first Jones now Aldo. They need to just schedule the fight, and if Aldo doesn't show, he forfeits and loses the title.
    Are you OK if they do that with the Anderson/Weidman fight too?

Weidman has an infinitely better claim as a contender than Pettis does.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Yep that's what I meant sorry.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Absolutely. I keep saying this Dana and the UFC are the bosses and they can pretty much cut whomever they want to. The UFC is pretty close to being a monopoly with no clear cut competition.

Fighters absolutely do not get to decide who they fight next unless the UFC allows them to. Aldo is fighting Pettis and Silva is fighting Weidman.

Shogun should be forced to fight that dude that beat Rampage and if he says No again hes out too.

Enough is enough.
    No way Aldo gets cut. He's one of the P4P fighters in the world. Dana can posture and threaten all he wants to but if Aldo won't fight him there's not much he can really do.
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

I think that it's hilarious how some of you are coming up with scenarios to strip Aldo of his title based on what we know. Zuffa didn't strip Randy Couture of his title when he gave them the finger and walked away from the company in 2007 and they are not going to strip Aldo. Not when they have other means of applying pressure to their fighters. I remember when Jones backed out of 151, Monte Cox was on the SRN and talked about how "generous" Zuffa can be with their unreported non discretionary pay and bonuses, if you tow the company line. If you don't, those bonuses can be taken away. I think that's what Dana is referring to in the original article.

It's not good for business and it's not good for the credibility of the championships to break the lineage of the title. Especially with cases of dominant champs like Aldo and Anderson. I've always agreed with the Ric Flair philosophy, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

As for Pettis, since we're always talking about "money" fights, I think the UFC is FUCKING CRAZY for not talking him into rematching Ben Henderson. Aldo has solid challengers ready to go, if Ben gets passed Gil who's he going to fight? IMO they're missing an opportunity to print money off of Bendo/Pettis II.

6. Default

I didn't come up with a scenario to strip Aldo of his title. I just offered it as a possible action the UFC could take.

Oh and as for the 'Zuffa not stripping Aldo because they didn't strip Randy' argument... they actually did strip Randy in the late 90's after he won the HW title the first time. Reason? Contract dispute that ended with him leaving the company.

WW champion BJ Penn was also stripped when they had a contract dispute.

LW champion Jens Pulver was also stripped after a contract dispute.

And in case you haven't been paying attention, it doesn't look like the UFC cares about the integrity of these titles like they used to.
    ------------------

Thread Information