Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: $50k bonuses at UFC 157

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,182

    Default $50k bonuses at UFC 157

    Lawler, Robertson earn $50k bonuses at UFC 157 - Mixed Martial Arts News

    UFC 157 took place in Las Vegas tonight and featured a five fight PPV main card, but a couple prelim fighters stole the fight of the night, and another the submission of the night. UFC President Dana White announced the $50,000 bonuses at the post-fight press conference:

    Fight of the Night: Dennis Bermudez vs. Matt Grice

    Submission of the Night: Kenny Robertson (over Brock Jardine, Kneebar)

    Knockout of the Night: Robbie Lawler (over Josh Koscheck)


    UFC 157 Draws Best Attendace for Promotion at Honda Center, Solid Gate
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-157-dra...ter-solid-gate

    The gate and attendance aren’t official yet, but White said at the UFC 157 post-fight press conference that the event produced a $1.4 million gate and an attendance of 15,525.

    Both UFC 121 featuring Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez and UFC 76 featuring Chuck Liddell vs. Keith Jardine produced higher gate revenues than UFC 157, but neither topped the attendance.

    UFC 121 raked in $2.237 million on an attendance of 14,856, while UFC 76 did a gate of $1.985 million and 13,770 in attendance.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-24-2013 at 10:21 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,493

    Default

    Thank God Rousey did not win the sub of the night or fight of the night bonuses.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Thank God Rousey did not win the sub of the night or fight of the night bonuses.
    Why so?

    Because she did dominate and submit her opponent by the one means everyone knew she would?

    Initial memo to Liz, you have 3 months to learn arm bar defense....Do what you will with your time.

    I say she should have won sub of the night. I think that was the most entertaining fight of the night, hell, give those ladies fotn too.










    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-24-2013 at 10:44 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Why so?

    Because she did dominate and submit her opponent by the one means everyone knew she would?

    Initial memo to Liz, you have 3 months to learn arm bar defense....Do what you will with your time.

    I say she should have won sub of the night. I think that was the most entertaining fight of the night, hell, give those ladies fotn too.
    Because Pashak is well known for hating on women.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Why so?

    Because she did dominate and submit her opponent by the one means everyone knew she would?

    Initial memo to Liz, you have 3 months to learn arm bar defense....Do what you will with your time.

    I say she should have won sub of the night. I think that was the most entertaining fight of the night, hell, give those ladies fotn too.










    robertson's submission was better IMO it was very rarely used and extremely impressive. Definetly, at least to me, the best submision of the night.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Why so?

    Because she did dominate and submit her opponent by the one means everyone knew she would?

    Initial memo to Liz, you have 3 months to learn arm bar defense....Do what you will with your time.

    I say she should have won sub of the night. I think that was the most entertaining fight of the night, hell, give those ladies fotn too.
    Because Robertson's sub was more impressive.
    I disagree also that the main event was the best fight of the night. It was not! It had a little special taste because Carmouche had Rousey in some trouble for about 20 seconds, but the rest of the fight it was all Rousey.

    Even Court McGee vs Josh Neer was more entertaining.

    Because Pashak is well known for hating on women.
    And you are known for being the result of an abortion and coming here just to write useless stupid crap.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    That Bermudez and grice scrap was a hell of a fight they both definitely deserve that money. Of all the fights I missed on the prelims I'm so happy I saw that one.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Lawler looks totally amused by what Ronda has to say !
    Win via Arm Triangle Rd 2 1:45 !!

  9. Default

    I actually thought Faber's sub was the most impressive. The way he swung around Menjivar's back and sank in the hooks was the move of the night for me.
    ------------------

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    Dana better have given Grice his win bonus, when they announced the decision I was SHOCKED that he SOMEHOW lost, dominating first round and winning the second and there was no 10-10 nor 10-8 rounds)
    I was surprised as well. Grice clearly won the 1st round, and to me, he won the 2nd round as well. Round 3 was quite interesting because Grice did have some offense but he was close to being finished multiple times, and I was unsure if that was a 10-8 or not. For a round to be 10-8, does it have to be dominant to a point it's finished or one-sided? Certain one-sided rounds like round 2 of Rampage/Griffin wasn't close to being finished but should that deserve a 10-8 over round 3 of Grice/Bermudez? I don't think so, but that's another debate in itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    I actually thought Faber's sub was the most impressive. The way he swung around Menjivar's back and sank in the hooks was the move of the night for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Repenter View Post
    the sub of the night was a tossup for faber or robertson, but robertson's was more creative, and he could sure as hell use that money more than faber could. his transitions looked slick, and his grappler very intuitive. he'll have a good career with that approach.
    Faber's set up was extremely beautiful to watch, and I also considered it a better submission, but as Repenter mentioned Robertson's was probably a given for how creative it was. It was so creative that the submission itself was anticlimactic because no one thought it would elicit a tap and most had to watch the replay to see what the hell happened.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •