Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $50k bonuses at UFC 157

Default $50k bonuses at UFC 157

Lawler, Robertson earn $50k bonuses at UFC 157 - Mixed Martial Arts News

UFC 157 took place in Las Vegas tonight and featured a five fight PPV main card, but a couple prelim fighters stole the fight of the night, and another the submission of the night. UFC President Dana White announced the $50,000 bonuses at the post-fight press conference:

Fight of the Night: Dennis Bermudez vs. Matt Grice

Submission of the Night: Kenny Robertson (over Brock Jardine, Kneebar)

Knockout of the Night: Robbie Lawler (over Josh Koscheck)

UFC 157 Draws Best Attendace for Promotion at Honda Center, Solid Gate
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-157-dra...ter-solid-gate

The gate and attendance aren’t official yet, but White said at the UFC 157 post-fight press conference that the event produced a $1.4 million gate and an attendance of 15,525.

Both UFC 121 featuring Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez and UFC 76 featuring Chuck Liddell vs. Keith Jardine produced higher gate revenues than UFC 157, but neither topped the attendance.

UFC 121 raked in $2.237 million on an attendance of 14,856, while UFC 76 did a gate of $1.985 million and 13,770 in attendance.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-24-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Thank God Rousey did not win the sub of the night or fight of the night bonuses.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Thank God Rousey did not win the sub of the night or fight of the night bonuses.
    Why so?

Because she did dominate and submit her opponent by the one means everyone knew she would?

Initial memo to Liz, you have 3 months to learn arm bar defense....Do what you will with your time.

I say she should have won sub of the night. I think that was the most entertaining fight of the night, hell, give those ladies fotn too.

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-24-2013 at 11:44 AM.

That Bermudez and grice scrap was a hell of a fight they both definitely deserve that money. Of all the fights I missed on the prelims I'm so happy I saw that one.

Lawler looks totally amused by what Ronda has to say !
    Win via Arm Triangle Rd 2 1:45 !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Why so?

Because she did dominate and submit her opponent by the one means everyone knew she would?

Initial memo to Liz, you have 3 months to learn arm bar defense....Do what you will with your time.

I say she should have won sub of the night. I think that was the most entertaining fight of the night, hell, give those ladies fotn too.
    Because Pashak is well known for hating on women.

Why so?

robertson's submission was better IMO it was very rarely used and extremely impressive. Definetly, at least to me, the best submision of the night.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Why so?

Because Robertson's sub was more impressive.
    I disagree also that the main event was the best fight of the night. It was not! It had a little special taste because Carmouche had Rousey in some trouble for about 20 seconds, but the rest of the fight it was all Rousey.

Even Court McGee vs Josh Neer was more entertaining.

Because Pashak is well known for hating on women.
    And you are known for being the result of an abortion and coming here just to write useless stupid crap.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

9. Default

I actually thought Faber's sub was the most impressive. The way he swung around Menjivar's back and sank in the hooks was the move of the night for me.
    ------------------

the sub of the night was a tossup for faber or robertson, but robertson's was more creative, and he could sure as hell use that money more than faber could. his transitions looked slick, and his grappler very intuitive. he'll have a good career with that approach.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Thread Information