Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz's fulfills UFC Countdown obligations, but Dana White's still annoyed

Default Nick Diaz's fulfills UFC Countdown obligations, but Dana White's still annoyed

Nick Diaz's fulfills UFC Countdown obligations, but Dana White's still annoyed - MMA Fighting

"He did it," White told reporters. "He did what he was supposed to do."

Still, it's clear White isn't happy with Diaz. White awarded Diaz a title shot despite the fact Diaz was yanked from a planned Oct. 2011 bout with St-Pierre after Diaz no-showed a pair of press conferences. So White, after a big week of media work leading up to UFC 157, wasn't pleased with Diaz's behavior.

"We spent over $50,000 on production costs and the guys are cruising around Stockton, Calif., not interviewing people," he said. "It's not funny. It's not funny. We're very cool and very lenient in a lot of ways. I mean, look at this company, you know? We're lenient on a lot of things we let a lot of things slide. But that's just absolute bull--.

"That's not cool, man. We treat Nate and Nick with respect. Any time they come in, they want to negotiate the contracts, we're good to everybody, at least give us the respect to show up, and not blow 50 grand on interviews that you're supposed to do."

Would White consider yanking Diaz from a St-Pierre fight again?

"I'm close, man. I'm really close," White said. "And I don't want to be. You know, it sucks, none of this is easy, these two girls [Ronda Rousey and Liz Carmouche] worked their asses off this week, man, and I know what it feels like, it's not fun. It's part of the job. ... This is how it work, okay? This is the job, this is what we do. Go to your job and tell your f---- boss ‘yeah I don't want to do this or do that.' It's part of the job. I've showed the Diaz brothers a ton of respect, show some respect back."

That dog will never sit Dana. Never. After GSP finishes this chapter once and for all, he should be sent packing
    When the sounds of violence are heard, what side will you be on...

Can't imagine what the situation will be if Diaz wins. It would look terrible for them to have to strip the title from the champ due to not showing to interviews. Also, equally terrible to have a champ who doesn't show up to press conferences.

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    That dog will never sit Dana. Never. After GSP finishes this chapter once and for all, he should be sent packing
    Nick Diaz is a very marketable fighter so that would be stupid.

However, with all thats going on, the fact that they were going to cut faber after losing to the #1 and #2 guy, and dana's dislike for him and his antics, it is entirely possible.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Diaz has never liked doing interviews. You can tell he has some kind of mental disability everytime he is on the camera.

Just let the man fight damn.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Nick Diaz is a very marketable fighter so that would be stupid.

However, with all thats going on, the fact that they were going to cut faber after losing to the #1 and #2 guy, and dana's dislike for him and his antics, it is entirely possible.
    Something tells me that Diaz would not be hard to replace from a selling standpoint.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Promoting a fight by saying how unprofessional one guy is compared to another is hilarious.

I will watch this fight because I am a fannot because of the manufactured drama.

Cesar Gracie: Nick Diaz Not Being Pulled From GSP Fight At UFC 158

Cesar Gracie: Nick Diaz Not Being Pulled From GSP Fight At UFC 158 - FightLine.com

Cesar Gracie, the manager and trainer for Diaz, posted on Twitter earlier Sunday that the reports are not true.

"Reports of (Diaz) being pulled from the GSP fight are greatly exaggerated," Gracie stated.

*UFC exaggerating Nick's bad boy role.. No way!
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    manufactured drama

What worked the first time around will most likely work the second time around.

Thread Information