Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rousey: I felt in control with Liz on my back

Default Rousey: I felt in control with Liz on my back

Rousey: I felt in control with Liz on my back - Mixed Martial Arts News

“The good thing is that, on the ground, I feel so comfortable in every position that I don’t feel like I’m ever in any danger, so I feel comfortable taking a lot of risks," said Rousey. "I felt fine with her on my back. I felt very calm and in control, even though it didn’t look like that. I was thinking more about keeping my sports bra up while she was trying to choke me. If you actually look, at one point, I was adjusting myself when she was on my back, multitasking.”

“I was worried I was running out of time. I take my time a lot more in MMA than I did in judo, so I was just trying to take my time and do it right. But I was also worried because I didn’t know how much time I had, so it was a hard balance to find, I guess.”

“I knew she would be very, very tough. I was expecting to go five rounds. With 10 seconds’ difference, it could have gone to the next round and been very different. She’s extremely tough. Much respect to her.”

Miesha Tate vs. Cat Zingano Winner “Makes Sense” as Ronda Rousey’s Next Challenge
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/miesha-tate...next-challenge
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-24-2013 at 05:56 PM.

sure Rhonda....yeah...total control while she was trying to twist your head off.....yes what ever you say....but damn isn't she pretty?

In all seriousness, Rhonda showed me that she has a champion heart. Most fighters would have been tapped by that crank. It was tight and deep...(phrasing...boom). Rhonda proved to me that she may be on her way to becoming possibly the Pride Era Big Nog of her division, tapping challengers left and right. Of course I don't buy that she can beat cyborg, not until she get's rocked by a big puncher and comes back from that. But this, does show she's not just a pretty face who crumbles in bad positions....
    Last edited by joeodd2; 02-24-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Hmmm I don't recall her adjusting her sports bra. Anyway she sure did look concerned but I guess she wasn't. I was soooo excited that Carmouche pulled that off, I was out of my chair!
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Rousey held fast and came out on top, shows she has a great heart and isnt going to give up ever. I can't believe she got that armbar, it's amazing people still haven't figured out to avoid that one move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

How Ronda Rousey changed women's MMA, whether she meant to or not | News

It's funny how quickly Ronda Rousey went from being the impatient line-jumper of women's MMA to its superstar messiah.

Remember where she was this time last year? Remember back when Miesha Tate was the Strikeforce women's 135-pound champ and UFC President Dana White seemed pretty certain that women would never fight inside the octagon? Back then the story was how Rousey, who'd logged only 138 seconds of cage time as a professional, had talked her way into a title fight that she didn't deserve, a fight that was "pretty ridiculous," according to former Strikeforce champ Sarah Kaufman.

Even Tate, who stood to gain a lot from the rivalry Rousey had intentionally drummed up with her, bristled at the way the trash-talking judoka had gone about grabbing such a share of the spotlight.

"I think that's why a lot of us have a problem with Ronda," Tate said just before her 2012 bout with Rousey. "I just don't think she sees the big picture. If she did, I don't believe she'd feel OK about how she's talked her way into a title fight. ... It's just very unjust, and she feels OK with it because, in my opinion, Ronda's a very selfish person. She's more concerned with what's good for Ronda than what's good for women's MMA."

The crazy part is, that was a legitimate and not at all uncommon viewpoint among female fighters just one year ago. Now look.

As you could probably tell by the screaming fans in the sold-out Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., on Saturday night, it turns out that Rousey is actually pretty good for women's MMA. In fact, she might be the best thing to happen to it since cornrows and sports bras. If she hadn't come along, White would probably still be shaking his head at talk of a women's division. Without her, there's no way every media outlet from HBO to the L.A. Times would be taking time to explain exactly how an armbar works.

You could argue that these are just byproducts of Rousey's quest for glory and money rather than a positive change she brought about on purpose for the good of the sport. But you could also argue that it doesn't really matter. Rousey became a star, and now Liz Carmouche will be able to buy herself a kitchen table. Who cares if the cause and effect was intentional?

Probably not Carmouche, who showed up at the post-UFC 157 press conference looking happier than any fighter has ever been after a first-round submission loss. Maybe it was just her naturally sunny demeanor taking over, but Carmouche seemed more pleased with her losing effort than Lyoto Machida was with his winning one.

Even Tate, who admitted that she still can't watch the clip of her own armbar loss to Rousey without feeling her heart rate skyrocket, finally had to concede that there were some positives to having Rousey burst on the scene the way she did.

"As much as Ronda might not be the kind of person I want to go have coffee with, she's done a tremendous job building women's MMA to this point," Tate said. "She's made one hell of a champion."

The benefit to fighters like Tate is already becoming clear. She's got a UFC bout with Cat Zingano slated for April, and according to White it would "make sense" that the winner might be next in line for a shot at Rousey's title. Just getting the chance to fight in the UFC at all is a dream come true for Tate, who said she couldn't help but be motivated by her front-row seat for Rousey's coming-out party on Saturday night.

"The UFC debut means the world to me," Tate said. "I have to win that fight. I know what it sets up because I see it right here."

Would any of this have happened without Rousey? Doubtful. Her peers may not have liked the way she went about drumming up attention for herself, but they have every reason to like the end result.

Man I was hoping for a wardrobe malfunction when Liz had her back. Tit came close to popping out to the point where I rewinded the fight a couple times just to make sure it didn't.

Great fight for the women and I am glad they were able to give a great showing for their debut in the ufc
    Favorite fighters: GSP, F. Griffin, Jon Jones, Nick Diaz, Carwin, Ken Flo, Leben

7. Default

was thinking more about keeping my sports bra up
    I was hoping the boobs would come out
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    Man I was hoping for a wardrobe malfunction when Liz had her back. Tit came close to popping out to the point where I rewinded the fight a couple times just to make sure it didn't.

Great fight for the women and I am glad they were able to give a great showing for their debut in the ufc
    It did pop out I have the pic to prove it

Thanks Hoss my new background woot woot!

She did appear to still be in control and kept her cool. Kudos to her but she's giving up her back too often (not a Freudian slip but run with it).

Also, Meisha Tate is one bitter bitch when it comes to Ronda.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

10. Default

Can't argue Ronda has did a lot to promote wmma. The only other fighter who could of did it was Gina, but she ran into a Cyborg.

Thread Information