Thread: Rousey: I felt in control with Liz on my back

Threaded View

Default Rousey: I felt in control with Liz on my back

Rousey: I felt in control with Liz on my back - Mixed Martial Arts News

“The good thing is that, on the ground, I feel so comfortable in every position that I don’t feel like I’m ever in any danger, so I feel comfortable taking a lot of risks," said Rousey. "I felt fine with her on my back. I felt very calm and in control, even though it didn’t look like that. I was thinking more about keeping my sports bra up while she was trying to choke me. If you actually look, at one point, I was adjusting myself when she was on my back, multitasking.”

“I was worried I was running out of time. I take my time a lot more in MMA than I did in judo, so I was just trying to take my time and do it right. But I was also worried because I didn’t know how much time I had, so it was a hard balance to find, I guess.”

“I knew she would be very, very tough. I was expecting to go five rounds. With 10 seconds’ difference, it could have gone to the next round and been very different. She’s extremely tough. Much respect to her.”

Miesha Tate vs. Cat Zingano Winner “Makes Sense” as Ronda Rousey’s Next Challenge
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/miesha-tate...next-challenge
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-24-2013 at 11:56 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information