GLORY 5's Tyrone Spong on Remy Bonjasky, WSOF, Ramon Dekkers, and More (Exclusive) - MMAFrenzy.com

MMAFrenzy: What are your thoughts on opponent Remy Bonjasky?

“Bonjasky is very well known, he’s a big champion. He’s a hard opponent.”

This will be your first fight with GLORY, is this a one-time fight or multi-fight deal?

“I got a contract with them for four fights.”

You made your MMA debut with the World Series of Fighting this past November at WSOF 1, how does the GLORY deal impact your return to the cage?

“I’m going to do both, [and] I am going to both at the same damn time.”

So when will you be returning to MMA?

“It will be later this year, I’m going to be fighting with WSOF. Also looking forward to it. You know, I just like fighting and the full-contact [that comes with it].”

The kickboxing world lost a titan last week with the passing of Ramon Dekkers, can you share your thoughts Dekker’s passing?

Oh yeah, you know I’m so sorry for his family and all of the fans out there. Even me as a little boy, like 13 years old, I remember watching him and his video tapes. For me he was really a role model and also motivation because everybody knows I wasn’t the biggest guy starting out, I was small, and Ramon was a small guy too. So it made more sense for me to see him as a role model, and for a really long time he was just a role model of how I wanted to fight. [He] was exciting, and I feel real bad because he was a legend in the sport that passed away.