Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leben suggests Greg Jackson to blame for Diego Sanchez's performance against Gomi

Default Leben suggests Greg Jackson to blame for Diego Sanchez's performance against Gomi

Tweet of the day: Chris Leben suggests Greg Jackson to blame for Diego Sanchez's performance against Takanori Gomi

Tweet of the day: Chris Leben suggests Greg Jackson to blame for Diego Sanchez's performance against Takanori Gomi - Bloody Elbow

Chris Leben ✔ @cripplerufc

@DiegoSanchezUFC what happened?! You used to move straight forward and crush guys. Too much Greg Jackson i think
    I'm not sure how Leben could've possibly concluded "too much Greg Jackson" was a factor for Diego's performance. Sanchez's last three fights all won FOTN honors, and Jackson trained and cornered him in those bouts. What's funny about this tweet from Leben is that Sanchez himself was critical of fellow teammates in his camp for putting on less-than-exciting outings.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I don't think Leben has much room to talk coming off his lack luster fight and drug suspension..

Can't really blame the coach, when the fighter doesn't listen to him. Jackson kept calling for takedowns in the 3rd, and Diego didn't do it. Even one of the commentators mentioned it.

I think it had a lot more to do with him trying to cut weight, to get back down to LW. Clearly things didn't go the way he wanted, and he probably wasted too much energy doing so.

Did anyone else think Gomi won rounds 2&3? I was actually surprised when Sanchez got the decision.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

I thought it could have gone either way. But honestly my attention was in and out for that bout.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I agree CT. I didn't have Diego winning that one either. But I was also looking for this "new move" Gomi said he was going to show but besides better TDD it was just typical Gomi. So I guess disappointing in a few ways
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

It's funny. As I was watching Diego lay an egg during that fight, where he completely backtracked and disengaged at every corner and just flopped during poorly set up and failed takedowns, I REEEEEEALLY wanted to blame Jackson and say, "The motherfucker did it again, he's making Diego play it safe!".... Especially when, in between rounds, you were told that Jackson's words to Diego were, "get the takedown", which gave me the feeling that he was trying to steal the rounds/fight.

But with all of that said, I came to the personal conclusion that sometimes, a fighter just comes in looking like shit, fights like shit and that's entirely on them. I think that was Diego's situation here and the blame should land on him. He came in overweight, was on a year's layoff and didn't implement anything that was even remotely effective against Gomi.

I'm a Gomi homer for sure, but I had him winning 2 and 3 and think Sanchez looked gassed after the first.

I don't blame Jackson here, I blame it on Diego looking like shit on his first cut to LW in a dogs age from a high starting point, the travel to Japan and the fact that he's on the downside of his career.

Considering that Jackson was Diego's coach for the majority of his UFC tenure how can you really say that it is Greg Jackson's fault Diego had a boring fight.
    I can only think of this fight and potentially his first fight back to WW after his his LW stint that were not that great but otherwise he is always in a damn exciting fight. I hope he gets back into the swing of things because when he is on his game is exciting to watch.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

9. Default

Leben sure has been crying a lot lately.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Yeah, Jackson made him come in heavy, made him gas after the first, and retrained him on reducing the effectiveness of both his takedowns and grappling. I can totes see that, Leben. Totes.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Did anyone else think Gomi won rounds 2&3? I was actually surprised when Sanchez got the decision.
    I had Gomi winning all three. He gave up 2 tds in the first, but stuffed something like 4 more, and diego did nothing once the fight did hit the mat. Gomi outstruck him all three rounds, and was a more effective grappler, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicKnight3X View Post
    I agree CT. I didn't have Diego winning that one either. But I was also looking for this "new move" Gomi said he was going to show but besides better TDD it was just typical Gomi. So I guess disappointing in a few ways
    well, he did break his hand in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Leben sure has been crying a lot lately.
    well, he has to get his name in people's mouths somehow, and his performances certainly can't carry that weight. I think working for dana taught him that no publicity is bad publicity...for whatever that's worth.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information