+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rashad Evans interested in shot at “Shogun” Rua

Default Rashad Evans interested in shot at “Shogun” Rua

Rashad Evans interested in shot at

last night during Fuel TV’s coverage of UFC 157 when Evans used the platform to call out Mauricio Rua.

“It would be a great fight and something to see. ‘Shogun’, where you at? Call your manager, call Dana White. It’s on,” Evans exclaimed.

Rua is not currently scheduled for action, making the match-up an actual possibility if “Shogun” is so inclined.

The talented 205ers were supposed to fight in March 2011 for the Brazilian’s divisional belt before Evans went down with an injury, opening the door for Jones to step in and ultimately become champion (as he remains today).
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

If the same Evans shows up, he's goin to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    If the same Evans shows up, he's goin to sleep.
    I would like that.

Unfortunately, it's a terrible matchup for Rua. A decent boxer who uses angles and straight punches along with great takedowns/takedown defense. I think a guy like Rashad is his kryptonite.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I love the guy but his aggressive style and lack of solid TDD really makes him susceptible in matchups like this. I think he'll get controlled, unfortunately.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

6. Default

After reading your thoughts not sure I want to see the fight happen/ Sho Gun lose. I been waiting on Rashad to revert back to his wrestling mainly give up the thinking he's a elite striker. Sho Gun has left me wondering if he has the disire in him and adapt his skills from pride/ stomp's to new cage rules. It seems to have left a hole in is game to me.

Shogun has really nice sweeps from half guard, he showed that a couple times in the Gustaf fight, if he gets taken down and gets that sweep he can use it to get a nice position.
    And I agree if Rashad shows up like he did in the Lil Nog fight, he will be KO'd. I love Shogun but Rashad can get a UD out of it IMO.
    Gracie Barra Alaska, holla

Interesting, I actually see this fight as the complete opposite. Shogun's stand up is a lot superior to Rashad's, which would cause Rashad to look for a takedown, however, Shogun is not one to fear the ground game, he is very versatile from the bottom and can scramble out very well. Rashad's striking is effective mostly because most guys are actually cautious of his takedowns, but like I said I don't think Shogun would fear the TD that much.

I see Shogun finishing Rashad in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    Interesting, I actually see this fight as the complete opposite. Shogun's stand up is a lot superior to Rashad's, which would cause Rashad to look for a takedown, however, Shogun is not one to fear the ground game, he is very versatile from the bottom and can scramble out very well. Rashad's striking is effective mostly because most guys are actually cautious of his takedowns, but like I said I don't think Shogun would fear the TD that much.

I see Shogun finishing Rashad in a fight.
    this, 100%.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information