+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen Says Lyoto Machida 'Can't Draw Flies'

Default Chael Sonnen Says Lyoto Machida 'Can't Draw Flies'

Chael Sonnen Says Lyoto Machida 'Can't Draw Flies' - FightLine.com

during the UFC 157 post-fight show on FUEL TV late Saturday night, Sonnen called out Machida for his style of fighting. "The Dragon" defeated Dan Henderson to cement his status as the No. 1 contender to the belt.

"I'm in on the business. I'm in on the pay-per-view business, and so is Jon Jones," Sonnen said. "Neither of us want to fight Machida because he can't draw flies and that's the bottom line. You got booed (Saturday). You got booed in your last fight. I can't sell out an arena with you. I can't sell pay-per-views with you. I'm not giving you the shot."

Jones previously submitted Machida, but it was one of his lowest PPV main events since claiming the title.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

He makes a good point, it definitely sucks having to fight a guy who will be a guaranteed pay cut. If Sonnen beats Jones, I bet he tries to goad Silva up to 205 to fight him.

Zombie is born!

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    He makes a good point, it definitely sucks having to fight a guy who will be a guaranteed pay cut. If Sonnen beats Jones, I bet he tries to goad Silva up to 205 to fight him.
    Do you believe Sonnen has anything new for Jones?

I think Jones smashes him, finish in Round 1 or 2
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

Machida should ignore all that jibber jabber and continue winning fights. Noone can say he isn't a finisher considering hes knocked out guys like Rashad Evans, Thiago Silva, Randy Couture and Ryan Bader.

The meat heads that don't like Machida probably don't know wtf they are looking at it anyways. They showed up to see a bar fight not professional mixed martial artists.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

I think Machida fought his fight and fought it well, as a spectator I wish he had pushed the pace a little more often as he did at the end of the third, but I still think it was a very entertaining fight. He is able to neutralize people on the feet, much like a Koscheck is able to neutralize people on the ground.

Yeah Chael Machida can't draw flies, but he can beat your ass.....and since you're a "fighter" and all, that's kinda a bad thing ain't it? I mean just sayin'..........
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I think the fact that it would most likely be an ass beating in favor of Machida also adds to the fact that it wouldn't sell many PPV's.

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Chael Sonnen should shut up and keep licking shoes. He will get destroyed by Jones and Machida would annihilate him too.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    I think Machida fought his fight and fought it well, as a spectator I wish he had pushed the pace a little more often as he did at the end of the third, but I still think it was a very entertaining fight. He is able to neutralize people on the feet, much like a Koscheck is able to neutralize people on the ground.

nothing about that fight was entertaining. That was your standard Lyoto Machida fight. Little to no action. Throw one punch or a knee as soon as your opponent tries to engage and then run like hell. But hey, that's just beautiful technique.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information