Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matthew Riddle again tests positive for marijuana, cut from UFC

Default Matthew Riddle again tests positive for marijuana, cut from UFC

Matthew Riddle (8-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC) was off on his timetable to cease marijuana usage prior to a fight.

The welterweight fighter on Tuesday confirmed to MMAjunkie.com Radio (MMA Radio, UFC Radio - MMAjunkie Radio) that he failed his second post-fight drug test for marijuana and has been released from the UFC.

Riddle flunked a test following UFC on FUEL TV 7, where he earned a split call against Che Mills (15-6 MMA, 2-2 UFC).

Several critics, including UFC President Dana White, said Riddle should have won a unanimous decision. White also disparaged Mills' performance, saying the fighter didn't press the action late in the fight when he had a positional advantage.

Mills was later cut by the promotion in a spate of pink slips handed out prior to UFC 157.

Riddle appeared earlier this month on MMAjunkie.com Radio, where he said he would continue to use medical marijuana despite a previous failed test that resulted in a win over Chris Clements being overturned to a no-contest.

Riddle, who is a licensed medical marijuana user in his current home state of Nevada, said he would prevent future run-ins with regulatory bodies by halting his use three weeks prior to a fight.

But it appears he didn't give himself enough time, and the UFC, who previously advised Riddle not to use the drug prior to competition, took action.

Riddle exits the promotion as one of the only active fighters to serve his entire professional career in the UFC. A former high school state wrestling champ in New York, he competed on "The Ultimate Fighter 7," where he was eliminated in the reality show tournament's opening round.

Since his appearance, he went on to notch wins over the likes of DaMarques Johnson, John Maguire, and most recently, Mills.
    Matthew Riddle again tests positive for marijuana, cut from UFC | News

looks good on riddle, he was in the media for all the wrong reasons leading up to his fight with mills and if i do recall was even talking about weed a few days before his fight. His fight with Mills was terrible and i cant say im sad to see him go.

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Dumb ass. If you are going to be that vocal about your use, be prepared to be tested.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Riddle brought plenty of attention to himself, and probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer. That blade belongs to whoever keeps trimming the fat on the UFC roster.

4. Default

When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Its really hard to feel bad for a guy who can't shut the hell up about weed getting busted for weed.
    Jackass.

Dumb ass Matt gave me an amazing interview then partied with my mates post event,
    “I just want to be known as the greatest ever…is that too much to ask?”

B.J Penn

https://www.facebook.com/roy.billington1
    https://twitter.com/RoyBillington

How the hell does Thiago Silva still have a job? Altered his urine sample and failed one test and then failed a test for pot. Plus, he hasn't been doing so hot.

But Riddle was pretty open about loving to toke it up, and he employed a horribly boring strategy in his last fight, this all around the time that everyone knows there is alot of competition for roster spots with all of the strikeforce guys/upcoming talent. One can't believe it would be too hard for him to get his job back, though, if he can put on some good fights and pass a couple drug tests.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-27-2013 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    Dumb ass Matt gave me an amazing interview then partied with my mates post event,
    Nice guys can be stupid.

He doesn't deserved to be cut though.
    “I just want to be known as the greatest ever…is that too much to ask?”

B.J Penn

https://www.facebook.com/roy.billington1
    https://twitter.com/RoyBillington

Thread Information