Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tarec Saffiedine turned down Carlos Condit fight at UFC 158 due to injury

Default Tarec Saffiedine turned down Carlos Condit fight at UFC 158 due to injury

Strikeforce welterweight champion Tarec Saffiedine turned down Carlos Condit fight at UFC 158 due to injury - MMAmania.com

So, why didn't the bout between Tarec and Condit come to be?

According to Saffiedine, he wasn't quite healthy enough to step up on short notice as he recently revealed on his appearance on "The MMA Hour:"
    "The main reason is, I'm not 100-percent healthy. I have a couple of injuries that have been nagging and I had to take care of. And so, I had to unfortunately turn down the fight. It was too short to heal my injury and be ready for the fight. With healthy and a longer camp, I would love to take the fight. But, unfortunately, that's the reason why I had to turn it down."
    However, Tarec went on to say even if he was injury free, he probably wouldn't have accepted the bout against Condit on short notice.

He offers up further explanations:

"On short notice, if I weren't injured, I don't know, in such short notice, I think I would have to say no. I don't know man. It was a tough call because I wasn't in the best shape right now and it was a tough call to not say yes and at the same time it was a great opportunity and one I was looking for also. But, the balance in the end was the injury."

*Not a very good start with the UFC, less than 2 months in and at least 2 fights turned down.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Strikeforce welterweight champion Tarec Saffiedine turned down Carlos Condit fight at UFC 158 due to injury - MMAmania.com

*Not a very good start with the UFC, less than 2 months in and at least 2 fights turned down.
    Im sure Dana will give him all the time he needs to heal now before releasing back into the Facebook prelims...
    LJS-NEMS

3. Default

Yikes.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I wouldn't fight Carlos Condit unless I was healthy and ready. I don't blame the guy.

How about Dana starts to fight...look how long he had to "prepare" for his "boxing" bout with Tito a few years ago. These guys go through hell and I cannot blame them for not wanting to fight another trained professional when not totally healthy.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

stepping up on short notice can get you a pat on the back and then a kick in the ass straight out the door if you lose....just ask Demarqus Johnson about that....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    How many times would you say a fighter goes in to a fight 100 percent healthy?
    Can't think it is very often however would you want to go into a fight when not totally or near totally healthy? I'm talking pro fight here. Any nagging injury would play on my mind a lot. When I was swimming if my cap was starting to move a bit it would screw with me and I would lose time thinking about it.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Big Country View Post
    I wouldn't fight Carlos Condit unless I was healthy and ready. I don't blame the guy.
    So I wonder if Tarec was injured when they asked him to fight Nate and he turned it town. You would think it would have been mentioned if he was and the UFC wouldnt have asked him to fight Condit.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Tarec just won the Strikeforce strap. I don't think he is good enough to beat Condit with a full camp, let alone a shortened one after a five round affair. If he is injured then he should wait. I know a lot of people don't go into a fight without an injury, but that is no reason to not go into a training camp with one.

Thread Information