Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urijah Faber vs. Scott Jorgensen slotted as new main event for TUF 17 Finale

Default Urijah Faber vs. Scott Jorgensen slotted as new main event for TUF 17 Finale

Urijah Faber vs. Scott Jorgensen slotted as new main event for TUF 17 Finale - Bloody Elbow

As Dana White announced on twitter, they have booked a new fight for the main event, and it will be Urijah Faber taking on the no. 7 ranked, Scott Jorgensen.

Should be a good fight seeing as both guys are pretty much mirrors of each other.

But shouldn't Faber be the number 1 contender right now? He did just win a fight.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

lol faber's always the #1 contender... he prob wont get a shot until end of year or next year though... i think they are still waitin on Cruz's progression

Jorgensen doesn't look like himself any more since the loss to Cruz, which sucks because he was one of my favorites when he was tearing it up. Faber looked great in his last fight, really have to hand it to him he's a true professional. No matter how many times he loses he always comes back looking great.

Zombie is born!

Another title shot for Faber.... That's a good idea.

Said noone ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Another title shot for Faber.... That's a good idea.

Said Joe Silva.
    Fixed that for you.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

smart move by faber stepping up and taking this fight. Hes the clear favourite IMO and should be able to beat Jorgensen. Another win for faber only strengthens his case for a shot at cruz or barao, most likely Barao as i dont see Cruz coming back in time for a mid-summer fight with Barao.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    smart move by faber stepping up and taking this fight. Hes the clear favourite IMO and should be able to beat Jorgensen. Another win for faber only strengthens his case for a shot at cruz or barao, most likely Barao as i dont see Cruz coming back in time for a mid-summer fight with Barao.
    Faber has gotten 4 titles shots in the last 4 years and lost every single one of them. Hell he has only won a total of 4 rounds out of a possible 16. In order for him to get another title shot he should have to go on a at least a 5 fight win streak. I get it that he is a "big name" but he is getting title shots on a yearly basis and losing one sidely. Dude needs to earn this time around.
    Ben Askren

9. Default

Jorgensen beats Faber
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Scott's been in quite a few wars and has seemed to be showing it recently the Wineland and Barao fights, I'll take Faber on workrate and size.

Thread Information