+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urijah Faber vs. Scott Jorgensen slotted as new main event for TUF 17 Finale

1. Default

Faber all day.
    ------------------

2. Default

Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson was considered as TUF Finale replacement main event - MMA Fighting

The organization first approached featherweights Frankie Edgar and Cub Swanson about headlining the show, but the fight never materialized after Swanson told the UFC he wasn't healthy enough to take the fight.

"I'm still a little banged up from my fight with (Dustin) Poirier and five weeks isn't enough time to prepare for a five-round fight," Swanson wrote via text message.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I think Faber will run through him pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Faber has gotten 4 titles shots in the last 4 years and lost every single one of them. Hell he has only won a total of 4 rounds out of a possible 16. In order for him to get another title shot he should have to go on a at least a 5 fight win streak. I get it that he is a "big name" but he is getting title shots on a yearly basis and losing one sidely. Dude needs to earn this time around.
    It's not that he's a big name it's more that he beats anyone considered a contender. I do agree he needs to get more then a couple wins to get another shot at the title though problem of course is that he derails other challengers in the process.

I'd also disagree that he lost either the Cruz or Barao fight in one sided manner.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information