Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could Impact Wrestling help or hurt Bellator?

Default Could Impact Wrestling help or hurt Bellator?

I was just flipping the channel over to spike. Caught the last few minutes of Impact Wrestling on. They were mentioning Bellator during the broadcast, and I suppose all throughout as well. I'm pretty sure this had been discussed here before, but I know we have a few new faces here. So where do you stand on Bellator's partnership with Spike and the cross promotion with a Pro Wrestling organization? Will it help Bellator get to a new level or will it delegitimize the organization?

I honestly don't know, I used to be a huge Pro Wrestling fan. Still respect the art form. But at the same time I want to see the sport of MMA succeed and become an embraced sport by the greater public. Might not happen for years or ever, but I wonder if this is really a good move for the sport and for Bellator?
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Help, I get somewhat interested before Bellator starts.

hmm when i read the title i thought we were talking about how the Olympics canceling wrestling would affect MMA... pro wrestling has always been a watered down substitute (while some people were very entertaining and the product was well written) it doesnt compare to the real thing when 2 people actually trying their hardest to make sure the story they wrote in their head comes true.. vs the ones writers put down on paper...

WWE was the reason i accidently watched TUF one night so i say that it could totally effect people since i am proof... i just decided to catch the end of RAW one night and TUF was on after so i watched it... hook line and sinker compared to professional wrestling

but to what i thought the title meant i think wrestling being canceled could have a trickle down effect that eventually cuts down on the number of high schools that have a wrestling program... so in the short run all of the wrestlers will go to MMA instead of the Olympics and MMA would have some really high level wrestlers in there.. but in the long run wrestlers will die out unless more private clubs are created to continue to nurture the sport.. possible but idk if its likely

As long as Bellattor does not include pro wrestling matches in their shows there will be no problem.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

the final minute of impact was kurt angle fighting with some biker gang lookalikes, which was quite horrible i might add... then it cuts to bellator with the two openers in the cage already... i kinda wish bellator would put more emphasis in their fights and have some type of opening like the 1st spike show did

I've always believed that any publicity is good publicity, so IMO it helps.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

I don't watch pro wrestling anymore, but I don't see how it could hurt. Somebody must be watching TNA or they wouldn't be on t.v. Those people that are watching TNA see the Bellator add and at least some of them tune in. I only think it could help. Plus if you implement some of the Bellator fighters to the TNA show then people might cross over.

I am with Pashak. In the fact that I don't want to see pro-wrestling on the bellator show. The only time I could except a pro wrestling match on a card is the New Years Dream show that happens once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    the final minute of impact was kurt angle fighting with some biker gang lookalikes, which was quite horrible i might add... then it cuts to bellator with the two openers in the cage already... i kinda wish bellator would put more emphasis in their fights and have some type of opening like the 1st spike show did
    Can't do that when you're SPIKE's bitch.

If it wasn't for TUF Season 1 coming on right after Monday Night Raw, the UFC would probably be out of business right now. At the time Monday Night Raw was pulling 5.0 rating a week and the TUF 1 got a huge bump by coming on after it.

But I do not think it will help Bellator. Impact Wrestling is kind of a joke and the ratings are horrible. If Impact came on after Bellator then I would say it would be good for Impact but Bellator coming on after Impact probably hurts it.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I think it helps bellator but hurts impact wrestling actually. It's an easy transition to go from being a pro wrestling fan to an mma fan, but it sometimes causes the wrestling fan to lose interest in wrestling by enjoying a real fight over a staged one.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information