Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Georges St-Pierre supremely confident leading up to clash with Nick Diaz

Default Georges St-Pierre supremely confident leading up to clash with Nick Diaz

Georges St-Pierre supremely confident leading up to clash with Nick Diaz - Five Ounces of Pain : Five Ounces of Pain

In St-Pierres opinion, the difference between his skill-set and Diazs will be evident within the first five minutes of their March 16 match-up at UFC 158. And, regardless of how long their fight goes, hell be the one dictating the pace rather than the controversial Californian.

After the first round Nick Diaz will now that hes gonna have a bad night and Im a better fighter than he is, said St-Pierre in an interview with the UFC. When I want the fight to go somewhere Im taking the fight where I want it to be.

I believe Im more athletic than him, I have more tools, and thats why Im gonna win the fight, he continued. Hes very good with his hands. Hes a great boxer, one of the best in Mixed Martial Arts. But Im training with better boxers than him and guys who I believe are better in that regard.

As talented as Diaz is, its hard to dismiss GSPs confidence. The 23-2 St-Pierre has had his hand raised ten straight times including wins over Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck, B.J. Penn, Jake Shields, and most recently Carlos Condit.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Go Georges!

I know... I'm Canadian so, I'm biased. Nick Diaz is awesome when in the cage and I usually root for him but, in this case, I'm backing Georges and hoping it'll be the same "angry Georges" that showed up for the 2nd fight with Matt Serra. My kidneys still hurt when thinking about those brutal knees to the body!

Quote Originally Posted by TreK View Post
    Go Georges!

I know... I'm Canadian so, I'm biased. Nick Diaz is awesome when in the cage and I usually root for him but, in this case, I'm backing Georges and hoping it'll be the same "angry Georges" that showed up for the 2nd fight with Matt Serra. My kidneys still hurt when thinking about those brutal knees to the body!
    So long as it is not the over confident St. Pierre from the first Serra fight. I have lost a lot of respect for him asking for this shot but I am absolutely hoping he wins and finishes the fight with a sub!
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Badass fight poster.
    Legalize MMA in New York

Georges St. Pierre confident 'strange' Nick Diaz won't get pulled from UFC 158: 'He's not an imbecile' - MMAmania.com
    The Vancouver Sun has it straight from the horse's mouth:

"I hope they don't take him out because I've trained hard. He'll show up. It would be inconceivable that he doesn't. He can make some money that will maybe last the rest of his life. Not showing up would be really stupid, and he's not stupid. He's strange and unorthodox. He has maybe had trouble dealing with stress in the past. But he's not an imbecile. We all have our problems. I don't know why he's had a problem with that. It's true he has problems with anxiety. When he's in front of a camera he's not the same. But that's up to him to deal with. I control what I can control, and that's to be ready for March 16. Seriously, I despise it. I like you guys (reporters), but I don't like doing this. I've been repeating the same thing 50 times every week. It's like a computer in my head. But it's part of my job, so he has to do the same. Otherwise, it's not fair."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Calling a TKO/doctor stoppage due to cuts from GnP elbows in favour of George.

As he should be, this will be a gimme fight for GSP.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

8. Default

It's GSP's fight to win or lose. I believe GSP will fight a very careful fight due to Nicks boxing and subs.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    Calling a TKO/doctor stoppage due to cuts from GnP elbows in favour of George.
    This.

Diaz isn't going to sub GSP in an MMA fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Diaz is going to look like 170lbs of ground beef when the fight is over.

Thread Information