Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Georges St-Pierre supremely confident leading up to clash with Nick Diaz

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    It's GSP's fight to win or lose. I believe GSP will fight a very careful fight due to Nicks boxing and subs.
    I normally would agree, but GSP is legitimately pissed off. I'm not even a GSP fan (I'm a Penn guy), but he's growing on me as of late and I believe he is going out with every intention of finishing Diaz which is no easy task. Should be barnburner.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

GSP has every right to be confident, look at the guy has done the last 5-6 years. He has literally dominated every fighter he has faced with ease. Hell the only time he has been in trouble was he 20 seconds Condit was all over him. Other then that he has taken top fighter after top fighter and made them all look like they do not belong in the octagon with him. This fight will be no different. GSP wins this fight running away.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Makes sense that the perpetual number 1 will beat someone who should be ranked #7, but isn't based on hype.

This fight is going to look just like Henderson vs Diaz........

Quote Originally Posted by scottsec View Post
    This fight is going to look just like Henderson vs Diaz........
    my thoughts excactly!
    Bow down before me as you will surely fall if you challenge me

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Yeah, this is just going to be a beatdown. That's how I've always felt about it.

It would have been more enjoyable when I used to have a Diaz hate boner but now I don't really care anymore in that regard.

I don't see how Diaz effectively utilizes any of his tools against GSP. GSP is the best fighter ever in the sense of Diaz's stylistical weaknesses.

Strike, TD, GNP, open up cuts, outwrestle, UD!

It would be great if Diaz could actually threaten GSP off of his back. Then things would get interesting.

I just can't envision this fight ending any other way than a 5 round decision for GSP with Diaz complaining that he wouldn't stand and trade hands with him afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishX(aka bornbear) View Post
    Badass fight poster.
    Agreed, that is definitely one of the sickest, if not the sickest UFC poster ever.

I'm all for this fight as long as George doesn't try that whole, "oh I have a dark side too" deal. Don't try to match crazies with Diaz, that's not your thing George. Just be that friendly Canadian bro that everyone loves (but hates watching fight).

Carlos Condit would put money on St. Pierre, but not counting out Diaz at UFC 158
    UFC Quick Quote: Carlos Condit would put money on St. Pierre, but not counting out Diaz at UFC 158 - MMAmania.com
    "I think that Georges [St. Pierre] has the tools and the athleticism to beat Nick [Diaz]. I'm not counting Nick out, though. He's a tough fighter. He can put guys in back positions and you never know, but I would put my money on GSP retaining the title."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information