Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anderson: Fight at 170lbs is impossible

is it really this black and white with anything AS says? he was asked a question that IF he granted a rematch to any of the guys he has already beat (which is a pretty long list) who would it be and he said this;

"If I were to give a revenge for somebody, I would give it to Rich Franklin because he was the guy who gave me the chance to fight when he was the champion. Maybe it could be a farewell fight. I owe it to him."
    once again let me stress the IF. At no time does Silva say "I want to fight Franklin. hes the guy i want. I wont fight anyone else" - which everyone is making it seem like.

i find it even more funny that people actually thought AS would go to 170 to fight GSP.

Everything Dana white says is considered a lie to 95% of the people on these boards yet this ONE TIME Dana says AS can make 170 and AS says he cant you guys instantly jump all over AS...

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Defend this one Anderson fans. He contradicted himself again and wants to fight Rich Franklin, so please give me the excuses. I'll get you started, he just mentioned that he'd like to give Franklin another shot, that doesn't mean he is ducking anyone.
    He contradicted himself? or condradicted Dana White...? Once again he didnt say he wants to fight Franklin.Please clear up for me who AS is "ducking." Hes going to be fighting Weidman (who will be nothing more than a statistic on the long list of guys AS has smashed) but we are waiting on WEIDMAN to be healthy enough. Its Weidman holding this fight up not AS.
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 03-01-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    is it really this black and white with anything AS says? he was asked a question that IF he granted a rematch to any of the guys he has already beat (which is a pretty long list) who would it be and he said this;

once again let me stress the IF. At no time does Silva say "I want to fight Franklin. hes the guy i want. I wont fight anyone else" - which everyone is making it seem like.

i find it even more funny that people actually thought AS would go to 170 to fight GSP.

Everything Dana white says is considered a lie to 95% of the people on these boards yet this ONE TIME Dana says AS can make 170 and AS says he cant you guys instantly jump all over AS...

He contradicted himself? or condradicted Dana White...? Once again he didnt say he wants to fight Franklin.Please clear up for me who AS is "ducking." Hes going to be fighting Weidman (who will be nothing more than a statistic on the long list of guys AS has smashed) but we are waiting on WEIDMAN to be healthy enough. Its Weidman holding this fight up not AS.

When Weidman was healthy before, Anderson wouldn't fight him.

Read the article that Sak posted. Either Dana was lying or Anderson contradicted himself (both of which are common occurrences and I give neither of them the benefit of the doubt).

It must be tough to defend a guy who spews this much crap everyday. I assume it's like cleaning out an elephant cage.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Yeah, I'm sure Franklin has been holding his breath to fight Silva again. I can't imagine Ritch wants anything to do with Silva.

GSP would be crazy to agree to a catchweight fight with Silva. I'm sure he'd bank a ton of money, but what else is there to be gained from it? At this point in his career, I would be disappointed if he agreed to a fight just for the money.

Silva needs to fight Weidman next. If Silva wins, then he should go up to fight Jones. Nice and simple.

When Weidman was healthy before, Anderson wouldn't fight him.

Read the article that Sak posted. Either Dana was lying or Anderson contradicted himself (both of which are common occurrences and I give neither of them the benefit of the doubt).

It must be tough to defend a guy who spews this much crap everyday. I assume it's like cleaning out an elephant cage.
    Who has weidman beat to deserve this title shot? By no means does Weidman "deserve" it. Last faught over a year ago and only has one "big name" win on his record in Munoz.

Everyone has been up in arms lately over underserving title shots but are okay with this one....

I read the article thats why i asked you if AS was contradicting himself, or dana white because there is a huge difference between the two.

Defend this one Anderson fans. He contradicted himself again and wants to fight Rich Franklin, so please give me the excuses. I'll get you started, he just mentioned that he'd like to give Franklin another shot, that doesn't mean he is ducking anyone.
    Come on man... you're not even trying hard on this one. Like Jones already pointed out, he didn't contradict himself and he didn't call out Franklin... He even mentioned that maybe that could be his last fight.

I just can't wait until his next fight is announced. Perfect scenario in my book, Machida drops down to 185 to fight Weidman for the title and Silva goes up to fight the winner of Jones v Sonnen.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Who has weidman beat to deserve this title shot? By no means does Weidman "deserve" it. Last faught over a year ago and only has one "big name" win on his record in Munoz.

Everyone has been up in arms lately over underserving title shots but are okay with this one....

I read the article thats why i asked you if AS was contradicting himself, or dana white because there is a huge difference between the two.
    Who did Anderson beat to deserve a title shot?

see what I did there?

He's just expressing his respect for Rich Franklin because Rich Franklin treated him with respect as well. I personally am happy to hear him talking about Franklin as a possibly final opponent one day. There's got to be some old school guys that recognize mutual respect. I'm surprised so many are twisting his words regarding Franklin.

He's not afraid of any man, he simply doesn't think many young top fighters have paid their dues in the sport, GSP is the exception and the biggest win-win pay day. There is a big difference between paying your dues among your peers and earning your shot in the eyes of the organization.

While he may have thought it was feasible to cut the weight at one point, he obviously got a reality check regarding the 170 weight cut from experts.

Lets be real, no one other than Jon Jones is a bad match-up for Anderson. Unless you go up into mid-level heavy weights. Jones on paper may have more physical advantages over Anderson than vice versa. I like Weidman and really want to see him challenge the best in the world but his chances are not better than when Henderson and Chael fought the spider. Anderson's ground game is not a weakness. I do not think Weidman is better than Anderson on the ground. Yeah Weidman has some great bjj but he doesn't have better top control than Chael in terms of mma and his stand-up isn't better than Henderson. I see Anderson doing whatever he wants on his feet and if taken down he will get back up at will.

In terms of quantity and quality Anderson's record should speak for itself, he's no Jon Fitch, thats right eventually he accepts and destroys everyone we want him to fight and since he's almost always the older guy I don't think we should be making weak arguments about him stalling and ducking its ridiculous and plain to see at this point.
    Last edited by mmawolverine; 03-01-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Is this still going on? I was tired of these talks about two years ago.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

No point in reading Anderson threads.

A.) He lies to the media.

B.) Most of the hater comments are dumb as bricks.

The next article about Anderson that I want to read starts with, "Anderson Silva is fighting _______." Insert name. Don't even care anymore. Just fight someone.

Thread Information