Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anderson: Fight at 170lbs is impossible

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    The next article about Anderson that I want to read starts with, "Anderson Silva is fighting _______." Insert name. Don't even care anymore. Just fight someone.
    Not gonna hear an answer until Nick Diaz gets his beats.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Who has weidman beat to deserve this title shot? By no means does Weidman "deserve" it. Last faught over a year ago and only has one "big name" win on his record in Munoz.

Everyone has been up in arms lately over underserving title shots but are okay with this one....

I read the article thats why i asked you if AS was contradicting himself, or dana white because there is a huge difference between the two.
    LOL, dude are you for reals right now?? How about the fact Weidman is the #1 contender being enough reason. Oh I know it makes more sense for him to Souza who is ranked #10 right? Here you go for a little reference if needed: Fighter Rankings | UFC ®
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

BonesKnows having another noob moment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Defend this one Anderson fans. He contradicted himself again and wants to fight Rich Franklin, so please give me the excuses. I'll get you started, he just mentioned that he'd like to give Franklin another shot, that doesn't mean he is ducking anyone.
    This is a clear example of selective reading. I especially enjoyed the part how you made no mention of Silva's reasoning for giving Franklin a shot.

Next time when asked his opinion he should just lie to the media and say what you guys want to hear, "Why oh yes I would love to give Dan Henderson another dry hump submission loss"....

Will all the Silva haters please come out...........!
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    You think that ko was worse than the "tkos" given to him by Silva? I'd rather be knocked flat out than take the beating.

Also saying he wants Franklin again is just silly. Cung is more deserving as he's on a white hot 2 fight win streak.
    That's why I said KO and not tko. I'd say a knockout like the one vs Cung is worse on the brain, whereas a Silva-esque beating would be more painful...but what do I know.

I wouldn't say beating Cote in a close fight really helps qualify Cung's 2 fight win streak as "white hot", though...

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    That's why I said KO and not tko. I'd say a knockout like the one vs Cung is worse on the brain, whereas a Silva-esque beating would be more painful...but what do I know.

I wouldn't say beating Cote in a close fight really helps qualify Cung's 2 fight win streak as "white hot", though...

Someone has never seen magnesium burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post

Someone has never seen magnesium burn.
    You should see cars with magnesium engines burn! Holy smackin!

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Don't think I was being too serious there...perhaps even a tad bit sarcastic.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    dear anderson and dana:

please. shut. up. with. the. media. trolling.

when dana says "I haven't talked to him" the only logical response is "why the fuck not?"

everything that comes after that is simply more bullshit.

rh
    Careful Riv those comments might be looked at as disrespectful...
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    This is a clear example of selective reading. I especially enjoyed the part how you made no mention of Silva's reasoning for giving Franklin a shot.
    Maybe because he didn't believe it? You could see it as a sign of respect, or you could see it as an easier fight that will outsell Silva/Weidman.

It's not as though Anderson's word is bond, or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Careful Riv those comments might be looked at as disrespectful...
    I respect his skills as a fighter.

I do think he deliberately trolls the media--and thus the fans--with nonsense like this.

It's difficult for me to respect anyone who is trolling me. Particularly when they aren't even remotely amusing while doing so. If he was funny, I could at least respect the craft involved.

This is just sad.

rh

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Thread Information