Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan Henderson would consider a superfight at heavyweight

Default Dan Henderson would consider a superfight at heavyweight

Dan Henderson would consider a superfight at heavyweight - Bloody Elbow

Evan Shoman recently interviewed Henderson, and found that not only is he planning on competing for a couple more years, he would also entertain a superfight at heavyweight, and would like to get back in the cage soon, against any of the Top 5 guys.

I'd consider fighting anybody. As long as I didn't have to cut too much weight, I'd pretty much fight anybody. I just want to get back in there as soon as possible. I hated the long layoff. I want to fight any one of the top 5 guys and I know I'm capable of beating them. That'll keep me right up in there. I'll take any one of them. I could sit here and bitch (about the Machida fight), but it doesn't help anything. I just want to be active and give the fans what they should have seen the other night.

I wasn't planning on retiring anyway after 1 or 2 fights. I plan on being there for a couple of more years, at least. I want to get back in there and fight as soon as I can and stay active this year and next year for sure.
    *Not sure I would consider Dan fighting the majority of HW's a superfight... "Superfight" is a term used much to often in mma these days.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Who would be a good fight though?
    Another fight against Big Nog?
    Fight against Cormier if he loses to Mir?

Those would both require him to wait though.

Anyone in contention will not want to fight Henderson, since it probably won't get them much closer to the belt. Yet, there aren't many 'name' fighters, out of contention, that are smaller HWs.
    I mean, he can't fight someone like Carwin...right?
    ...right??

rob_bills Guest

Right now there is no one I would like to see Dan fight at heavyweight except maybe Hunt if he wins, that would be awesome.

Big Nog or Hunt are the only HWs that Dan needs to fight if he decides to go looking for HW fights

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

*Not sure I would consider Dan fighting the majority of HW's a superfight... "Superfight" is a term used much to often in mma these days.
    I agree, if you lose and change weight class, that's not a super fight.

How about a fight with Pat Barry??

Why go all the way up? Diet Nog is coming off the biggest win of his UFC career, that'd be a fun fight.

I'd love to see him smash Overeem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Dan Henderson would consider a superfight at heavyweight - Bloody Elbow

Maybe because most of the fights would not be a super fight. Just because a guy is a HW doesnt make it a Super Fight. I think the term is more overused by fans than by fighters.

Im pretty Dan didnt mean just any HW. He probably meant a fading star like Nog, or even a Brock kinda fighter, or one of the guys near the top, Like a JDS.

a rematch with either nog brother sounds good to me or maybe call crocop and see if he wants a real paycheck

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Big Country View Post
    Big Nog or Hunt are the only HWs that Dan needs to fight if he decides to go looking for HW fights
    I would rather see Dan Henderson fight Roy Nelson or another top wrestler like DC or Cain V.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information