Ian McCall eyes John Lineker following third hand surgery in 12 months
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/ian-mcc...y-in-12-months
With his recovery period expected to last four to six weeks, “Uncle Creepy” is already turning his attention to his next bout. Following his most recent victory, McCall (13-4-1 MMA, 2-2-1 UFC) called for a No. 1 contender match with Lineker (22-7 MMA, 5-2 UFC).

McCall, who is No. 4 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA flyweight rankings, believes Lineker, who’s No. 9, is the most suitable next step in his quest toward a UFC championship. While nothing is official, he expects the matchup to come to fruition in November.

“I know they want me to fight in November,” McCall said. “Hopefully I can get my title eliminator shot with Lineker next and get that out of the way. It makes the most sense.”

McCall is all in on a fight against the hard-hitting Brazilian, but Lineker seems to have a few hesitations. McCall is a movement-heavy fighter who likes to mix up his attacks from outside to in close. Lineker told MMAjunkie he doesn’t want to play “hide and seek,” a comment McCall views as a sign of weakness.

“He’s talking s–t and saying, ‘Come be a real man and fight me in the middle of the cage!’ Do I look f–king stupid?” McCall said. “I can beat you other ways pretty easily. I’m not just going to sit there and trade bombs with you. You hit harder than me.

“(I’ll beat him with) the same game plan I had with Brad. It’s speed and movement. Lineker hits harder than Brad, and he might throw a few more numbers, but it’s nothing that I can’t avoid. I just won’t let him hit me.”