Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA Gambling

So I miscalculated how my winnings worked! I thought I only won 24 dollars on my Okami bets, but I actually won 54 dollars, which made up for the ten I lost on Siyar, so I made out with an extra $44 last night. Thank you Okami! I should've bet much more on you. I was worried Lombard was going to get the KO though.

Siyar was dominated, unfortunately. I used my free bet up on him which I should have put on Okami. I could have won $207.50 of off just $10 had Siyar won. Damn you, Dong, damn you! I really thought Siyar was going to at least do better than he did.

As of right now, there are only a few matches with the odds that are displayed on the website I use (Bovada).

George "Rush" St. Pierre
    Nick Diaz
    +350

Daniel Cormier
    Frank Mir
    +300

Benson "Smooth" Henderson
    Gilbert "El Nino" Melendez
    +190

I pretty much feel that all of those favorites will steamroll, or handily defeat their opponents. I may put some money down on each of them for a few small wins.
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 03-03-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Alot of times it's smart to wait til around fight time to bet because the public can change the lines a little or a lot depending on how much they bet on certain fighters. Also, 5dimes and some other sites generally give more generous lines than places like Bovada...

I like Hendricks -130 though over Condit.

But good job on the Okami bet.
    Last edited by dbader08; 03-03-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Daniel Cormier
    Frank Mir
    +300
    Absolutely worth putting a few bucks on Mir.

I don't gamble.

Why?

Look at my standings in the Pick'ems. Lol.

Thanks, bader.

I was wondering what the best sites are for gambling on fights since I saw 5dimes and a few others as well. I just picked Bovada last night because it was at the top of a few recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Absolutely worth putting a few bucks on Mir.
    The odds for Mir are very tempting, however, I fully expect Cormier to win the fight and to even wreck him. Cormier has what it takes to keep it standing against Mir and while Mir possesses better technical stand up with good power, his jaw is just made of glass these days (reminds me of Arlovski now). Cormier could very well put him to sleep. He could also outwork and grind Mir out all day, IMO.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

No problem man. Gambling is fun, win or lose. lol. I'm always down to talk some odds.

UFC Odds - March, 2013 - Best Fighting Odds & Betting Lines for the UFC

This site compares all the top betting sites' odds (Alot more are up when an event draws closer)...just in case you ever wanna get a 2nd account somewhere. Doing so can be useful, cause sometimes the odds differentials can be substantial. Plus some sites just offer different bonuses and props. Props are always fun. I saw Wanderlei inside the distance at +699 for a while at 5dimes. Franklin by decision over Wandy was +695 when they fought in Brazil...I won like 40 bucks off of it off of a tiny bet, too bad I lost it eventually.

i look at prop bets, which are usually released on the day of the fight as well... i hit benson/edgar going the distance both times for + money..

The thing is dont get too hungry when starting out, if a card doesnt seem like money can be made dont be afraid to pass... ive been doing good with 3 to 4 fighter parlays recently as well...

I pull down around $150 or so a card.

Made pretty sick bank this past weekend because I took Wandy, Tokudome, Lim, Tavares and Stungun.

The St.Pierre/Diaz card has ALOT of potential for money, Dillashaw and GSP are my "locks" of the night lol.

Just put some down on Mir, Mousasi and Thomson
    LJS-NEMS

^Their all gonna lose lol

Well, maybe not Mousasi...

FG what good is you posting your bets after the event going to do for the rest of us

But for the 158 prelims, depending on the odds, I'm thinking Voelker, Makdessi, Mein, and Elkins. I think Duran and Eduardo might be worth a shot as decent dogs. Ricci and Dillishaw should own...I'm not buying GSP as a 5-1 favorite tho. Hendricks as a slight and Jake E as a moderate favorite (With Marquardt on short notice) I am liking...
    Last edited by dbader08; 03-05-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Thread Information