Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA Gambling

Gaudinot and Poirier are the only two that I think are really undervalued. I don't really gamble to make money but I put a couple of dollars down on parlays for fun.

My parlays are Mir/Poirier, Gaudinot/Varner/Mendes, and Mir/Mendes/Couture. What about you folks?

Anybody else taking Mir for the upset?

Mir/Benson/Varner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

What do you guys think about Koch/Poirer?

I am really pumped about that fight personally. I think Poirer takes it and he is the underdog.

I think it's a great match up and I like Poirer too, but not enough to bet on him.

I like Poirier but that's a helluva close fight, as you've got two young and ever-evolving FWs who have contrasting tools, but I like Poirier's aggression and groudgame..

Taking a variety of Poirier/Tibau/Couture/Vera/Gaudinot/Krylov/Cedenblad. I've moved from Camus to Kang, but again that's a really fucking close bout. Putting some money down on Bendo, but I don't want that to be putting too much down on what might be a really close decision fight....All of the bets on these fights are smaller than usual and spread across several tickets, so not to bomb. I do $5 parlays with nice payouts, so I'm not too concerned, also since the Brazil card on Wednesday should have a bunch of gimmes.

My solid parlays involve Mendes/Benny/Tex/Jones/Barnett/Barao coupled with various fighters listed above.

Not touching Jacare/Okami outside of biting on Okami on a few riskier bets, because while I'm a massive Jacare fan, Okami is just such a tricky fighter.

Barnett has a good chin and solid cardio and striking, a suffocating clinch and superior grappling. I think Mir could get a TKO win, but I don't think he matches up too well against a very similar Barnett, whom I think is also much stronger.

My thing with Barnett is, he hasn't fought ANYBODY since Pride. Except for Cormier. Who beat him solidly. Say what you want about Mir, but he's fought the best in the UFC (outside of Cain). What Barnett has left in the tank against top tier talent is a big question to me.

I dunno, Kharitonov, Rogers, Geronimo, Rizzo, Yvel and Monson are so-so wins and pretty solid HWs outside of ZUFFA and I thought he looked solid in the five rounder against Cormier. I think if you comparatively look at how both did against Cormier, I think Barnett, even with the broken hand, looked alot better than Mir.

I spent $50 on about 17-18 very small risk parlays from $1-10.

Very tricky event. Almost every single fight is really close and I could see going either way.

For the most part, I picked Cedanblad, Couture, Nikita, Kang, Lim, Elliot, Varner, Poirer, Rothwell, Mendes, Barnett, and Bendo.

BUT I also have quite a few parlays with Gaudinot, as well as with almost every single other fighter on the card.

My bets tonight are like tossing a clusterfuck into the air and hoping one sticks. Way too many to list.

Tonight is very interesting because whoever wins out there tonight on this card is winning a ton of $$$$$ since the odds in every single fight outside of Mendes/Guida are so damn close.

I'll be very interested to see how the judges scorecards play into many of these fights, since they are so close. I think these decisions may really dictate what could be banked, one of the reasons I'm not really touching Bendo/Pettis too much.

Does anybody think Carmont can pull off the upset here? I'm not sold on Costa being THAT much better than him.

I'm thinking a Meathead, Carmont, K Bib trifecta

Thread Information