Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson -160
    Nah-Shon "The Rock n Rolla" Burrell +130

Khabib "The Eagle" Nurmagomedov -285
    Abel "Killa" Trujillo +225

Colton Smith -225
    Robert Whittaker +175

Dennis "The Menace" Bermudez -275
    Max "Blessed" Holloway +215

A parlay on all 12 favorites yields $479.85 for every $10.
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 05-22-2013 at 10:51 PM.

I might bite on Hollaway and Payan. Only fight I'm not hard on is Smith/Whittaker.

I'm taking Grant for a couple of reasons. First of all, they money is right for an underdog bet, much like Roop(I could bomb on both though...). That said, I never like to wager too heavily on a wrestler coming off knee surgery and a particularly long layoff, which makes me wary of Gray this time out. I've always heard "work ethic" knocks against Gray and against somebody like Grant, who fights big and is about 5 years younger, I think hunger and attentive gameplanning may swing in his favour.

I chock it up to rust on Gray's part, his knee question marks, his commitment and Grant's aggression. Gray's only fought twice in two years(from May to May) and I'm willing to take a chance on Grant coming in with alot more fire with four convincing wins in the same period and is coming in with the hot hand.

Gray's the fave, but I think taking TJ has alot of upside.

What do u think about Burrell? He's at +130 right now and Thompson looked really mediocre in his fight with brown... I see what u guys say about grant, either way I'm not putting to much into either in that fight, it's a toss up to me

I'm not touching the Burrell/Thompson fight for a few reasons. Firstly, "Wonderboy" is coming off the yearlong layoff and I wonder if Burrell might be able to grapple him and take him out of the standing game. Despite being Carlos Machado's brother-in-law, Thompson's grappling isn't his strongsuit and I think Burrell could look to weigh on him with some GNP.

That said, Burrell is still really young and raw and while he'll probably look to use his size, but he's had some trouble getting down to WW and if Thompson is able to keep it standing, his technical standup game should pretty much rout Nah-Shon.

I've got Thompson, but not by much.

What u guys looking like for tonight..
    So far I set up
    Pyle straight 30 to win 37.50
    Velasquez /silva going under 2.5 rounds 20 to win 10
    Velasquez/glover/khabib parlay 60 to win 62
    Burrell and Stephens 40 to win 95
    And jds/ Bermudez 20 to win 12..
    May put a little on some of the over/unders of sown fights going distance later

I am trying to figure out who I am going to make my parlays on right now. Really risky event tonight.

Yea this even was really hard... Usually I set up 5 or 6 fight parlays but too risky tonight

Would like to give some of my input. Please share some thoughts

Given that JDS is gonna come out a bit cautious after his last fight, I don't think he will jump the gun in the first round. Plus, it will take more than just a round for Mark Hunt to find JDS's chin. The fight will def go OVER 1.5 ROUNDS.

Gonna be a feeling out process in the first round of the Glover and Te Huna fight. Glover prob will put on the aggression in the later half of the first round. Te Huna is a tough son of a gun as shown in the Jimmo fight. I think he will wither the storm and just hang to fight on and lose a decision.
    Glover with the win and OVER 1.5 ROUNDS.

Maynard is a tough finish. I don't expect Grant to finish him at all. Gray gonna come out a big sluggish and just take his time to get his groove after a long layoff. He's gonna fight smart against a savvy veteran in Grant and use his wrestling and keep Grant backing away with his heavy hands.
    Gray with a decision win and OVER 2.5 rounds.

Colton Smith will be keeping Robert Whitaker very warm with the laying he's gonna be doing and the praying that Whitaker don't get fancy with subs from the bottom. Another boring decision win for Colton.
    Colton win by decision and OVER 2.5 ROUNDS

Pyle and Story might steal the FOTN. Both dudes come out to fight, they will fight scrappy, both on the feet and ground. Both are tough and hard to finish. I can't really decide on a winner here but I think a decision is very probable or at the least make it to round 3.
    OVER 2.5 ROUNDS.

Cain, Cerrone and Bowles are solid winners to add to parlay with my above picks.

My best underdog win.....Hunt at +360. Although I think JDS will win, but Hunt is the toughest SOB in the MMA and you can never discount his lethal striking.

Abel Trujilo (+200) might surprise some people and upset Khabib. He looked good in his last win whereas Khabib didnt show much in his win against Tibau other than aggression.

Okay, so I laid down 5 parlays. I placed a total of $440 and my highest possible win is $1703. Nothing like last weekend.

Here they are:

$200 on a 3 pick parlay between Cain, Glover, and Cerrone to win $192

$150 on a 4 pick parlay between Cain, JDS, Glover, and Cerrone to win $209

$50 on a 6 pick parlay between Cain, JDS, Glover, Cerrone, Story, and Bowles to win $216

$25 on a 9 pick parlay between Cain, JDS, Glover, Cerrone, Story, Bowles, Maynard, Khabib, and Bermudez to win $350

$15 on a 12 pick parlay between Cain, JDS, Glover, Cerrone, Story, Bowles, Maynard, Khabib, Bermudez, Thompson, Smith, and Stephens to win $734

Good luck to my fighters and I.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Okay, so I laid down 5 parlays. I placed a total of $440 and my highest possible win is $1703. Nothing like last weekend.

Solid bets man. You liking almost all the favorites. Really hope the judges don't screw over any of the picks.

This is what I have in my side bet.

Risk $10.00 To win $254.35 8 Team Parlay
    Cain Velasquez -800* vs Antonio Silva
    Mark Hunt/Junior Dos Santos Over 1½ -140*
    James Te Huna/Glover Teixeira Over 1½ -160*
    T.J. Grant/Gray Maynard Over 2½ -185*
    Donald Cerrone -290* vs KJ Noons
    Rick Story/Mike Pyle Over 2½ -110*
    Colton Smith/Robert Whittaker Over 2½ -175*
    Brian Bowles -280* vs George Roop

Thread Information