+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Riddle: "I Got Fired For Taking My Medicine"

Default Matt Riddle: "I Got Fired For Taking My Medicine"

EXCLUSIVE | Matt Riddle: “I Got Fired For Taking My Medicine” | UFC NEWS MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights
    "It does bother me, for some reason the UFC hates people who smoke weed. The whole MMA industry for some reason hates people that smoke marijuana. I don't know why, I keep to myself for the most part. I smoke weed and I fight. Usually, I put on exciting fights or I dominate people. I always go out there and fight. It's stupid that I got fired over a plant, but other people think it's stupid that I just won't stop smoking. "
    I don't believe the UFC hates potheads, considering both Nick and Nate Diaz have received title shots and Nick has been given another even after coming off of a weed related suspension. Joe Rogan himself is someone who the UFC has invested a bit of money into and has stood by since he stood by them all this time.
    I just think he was expendable and that is why he was cut as well basically stated hey I'm going to just exploit this guys weakness (in his last fight) and doing so (be boring in others eyes) and then was popped for weed.
    Last edited by rivethead; 02-28-2013 at 09:42 PM. Reason: please put repopped articles in quotes
    4 LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    Usually, I put on exciting fights or I dominate people.
    Someone's had one too many hits from the bong.

I think the UFC hates people that get popped for banned substances, i read an article on here from someone who is involved with licensing fighters and it said that riddle and the diaz's have never applied for some kind of license that allows them to smoke and not get in trouble for it; along the same lines as the trt licenses.

I doubt it given that a pothead is getting an undeserved title shot next month.

Earth to riddle:
    Please shut up.

You're not being persecuted, you're being an idiot.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

lol... title says one thing...

and Riddle is quoted as saying the opposite

"I don't believe the UFC hates potheads, considering both Nick and Nate Diaz have received title shots "

Quote Originally Posted by TreK View Post

"I don't believe the UFC hates potheads, considering both Nick and Nate Diaz have received title shots "
    "It does bother me, for some reason the UFC hates people who smoke weed."
    This is a direct quote from the actual article, the whole first paragraph in parenthesis is a quote from the article. He begins this quote with stating the above. So the title say's the very thing Riddle stated in the article?
    4 LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by TreK View Post

Riddle isn't quoted as saying what you stated, that is my statement! You are quoting me????
    For the record, everything above with quotes around it indicates that it is from someone else other than me, meaning I am not the one speaking.
    That is the reason for starting and ending with quotes. After the final quotation mark it shows me quoting someone else is done.
    Basically this indicates that the writer (myself) is now about to begin stating his opinion or using his words.
    How in the hell did you mix that up????
    4 LIFE

Riddle isn't quoted as saying what you stated, that is my statement! You are quoting me????
    For the record, everything above with quotes around it indicates that it is from someone else other than me, meaning I am not the one speaking.
    That is the reason for starting and ending with quotes. After the final quotation mark it shows me quoting someone else is done.
    Basically this indicates that the writer (myself) is now about to begin stating his opinion or using his words.
    Whoops... I see that now. Must be this head cold. My bad.

Calm down man, and learn how to use quotations to avoid mistakes like this happening :/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information