Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Heartbroken' Stann abandoned plan in Japan

Default 'Heartbroken' Stann abandoned plan in Japan

'Heartbroken' Stann abandoned plan in Japan
    'Heartbroken' Stann abandoned plan in Japan - Mixed Martial Arts News

“I got out of the strategy in the first round a little bit," said Wanderlei Silva of his fight with Brian Stann. "Because he’s a tough guy."

Stann used nearly identical language, in describing a fight that was so wild, either fighter could have taken it at any moment.

"I'm obviously heartbroken," said Stann after the loss. "It was a good, tough fight, and I abandoned my plan a little bit by getting overaggressive.

"I think the fact that I hurt him early multiple times, it made me get overaggressive, leaving me susceptible to what he's best at, which is throwing a hard, overhand right."

"I think maybe I tempted fate a little bit by signing to meet Wanderlei in Japan, and it was just his night. My hat's off to him. He's one of the greatest fighters, ever, and I'm proud to be a part of his legacy."

So now Stann returns to middleweight, and cashing a $50,000 check for being 50% of the Fight of the Night.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

There is no shame in that fight, both guys fought their asses off.

Such a great, great fight by both guys. I loved it. Both of them showed incredible warrior spirit with killer instincts. I am sad for Stann but very happy for Wandy. Wandy is one of the best fighters ever.

Stann oozes class, if his classiness was an open wound everybody would be like "hey man, you should get that checked out because it's oozing an unnatural amount of goo."
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

ive never been so entertained by a fight.. that just crushed Einemo/Herman as the most insane back and forth brawl.. and i love both fighters Wandy one of the greatest fighters of all time and Stann one of the greatest men to fight of all time

6. 03-03-2013, 09:34 PM

Stann has nothing to be ashamed of. He is the epitome of a warrior. On top of that he is a class act, one of the best representatives of the sport. Wand is one of my favorites, but I will always hold Stann up there as well. I have nothing but the utmost respect for that man.

Also, what a fight those two put on. They gave the fans exactly what they wanted. Great win for Wand, he looked right at home out there. Great performances by both men. Hope Stann will keep his head up and come back strong. As for Wand, well.....WAR WANDY!

Loved this fight. Its fights like this that wont get you cut, I doubt that thought has even crossed Dana's mind even though Stann is on a 2 fight skid.

Semper Fi

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I'm beyond pissed that I missed this

Thread Information