Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winner of Struve vs Hunt calls for a top-5 opponent next

Give him the winner if JDS/Overeem. He's won 4 in a row, and they're both high ranked but coming off of loses. I think it makes sense, plus it would be entertaining as hell to see Hunt fight Dos Santos.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Adambomb View Post
    I want to see Hunt-Nelson next. If anyone objects to that, then they're crazy. Those guys are both huge punchers with iron chins. It'd be an amazing slugfest.
    That would be horrible match-up for Hunt. Roy is no dummy, he would look for TD and then for that stupid crucifix position to land some soft punches.

All I hope for Hunt is that they give him an opponent that will take Mark from being somewhere around the top10 to actually to a title match. And I don't think Roy Nelson is that guy, even though he is a huge threat to Mark Hunt.
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

Quote Originally Posted by Adambomb View Post
    I want to see Hunt-Nelson next. If anyone objects to that, then they're crazy. Those guys are both huge punchers with iron chins. It'd be an amazing slugfest.
    If Hunt could keep Roy from taking him down, that fight could be a FOTY candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Give him the winner if JDS/Overeem. He's won 4 in a row, and they're both high ranked but coming off of loses. I think it makes sense, plus it would be entertaining as hell to see Hunt fight Dos Santos.
    I would love to see Hunt VS JDS or Overeem II.

Great job by Hunt. Good to see his game is still evolving. I hope he can keep the momentum going and take out a top 5'er next. WAR HUNT!

Hate to break it to you but Roy Nelson is nowhere near the top 5.

Cain
    JDS
    Bigfoot
    Cormier
    Werdum

Every "top 5" is booked.

Hunt should be fighting the winner of Cormier/Mir.

Hunt is probably getting Duffee or if he's returning anytime soon, Carwin.

Struve is going to have to reload bigtime, because he just lets himself get punched in the face waaaaaay too fucking much and at that size, he simply shouldn't be. I look back to that Buentello fight and see instances there where he just allows his opponent to wade in and uncork and that hasn't really changed. Sometimes, like the Stipe fight, it doesn't blow up in his face, but alot of the time it does.

Booking Hunt will be interesting, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets plugged into the Werdum/Nog fight if either goes down.

Fuckit, Superfight rematch with Wandy!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Hunt is probably getting Duffee or if he's returning anytime soon, Carwin.

Struve is going to have to reload bigtime, because he just lets himself get punched in the face waaaaaay too fucking much and at that size, he simply shouldn't be. I look back to that Buentello fight and see instances there where he just allows his opponent to wade in and uncork and that hasn't really changed. Sometimes, like the Stipe fight, it doesn't blow up in his face, but alot of the time it does.

Booking Hunt will be interesting, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets plugged into the Werdum/Nog fight if either goes down.

Fuckit, Superfight rematch with Wandy!!!!!
    Neither Carwin or Duffee are anywhere near where Mark Hunt now sits in the rankings. I'd venture to guess Hunt sits at #7.

Werdum/Nog would be a good fit ranking-wise as well but it is 2 months after Cormier/Mir.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Neither Carwin or Duffee are anywhere near where Mark Hunt now sits in the rankings. I'd venture to guess Hunt sits at #7.

Werdum/Nog would be a good fit ranking-wise as well but it is 2 months after Cormier/Mir.
    I'm of the standing that the UFC doesn't give a fuck about rankings when it comes to the HWs, as long as it provides a slambang fight that hopefully doesn't turn into two 265 pounders leaning on each other, gasping for air after the first.

Hunt vs. either Duffee or Carwin almost guarantees a KO and that's what ZUFFA is looking for on say, a FOX card.

I absolutely agree, they're not near him in the rankings, but I don't think that gets factored in alot of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I'm of the standing that the UFC doesn't give a fuck about rankings when it comes to the HWs, as long as it provides a slambang fight that hopefully doesn't turn into two 265 pounders leaning on each other, gasping for air after the first.
    Sadly, I do care. It's a major fault I have. I respect legitimacy of people and events and abhor fakery.

Thread Information