Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz calls George St. Pierre 'crazy' for declining Anderson Silva super fight

Default Nick Diaz calls George St. Pierre 'crazy' for declining Anderson Silva super fight

UFC 158's Nick Diaz calls George St. Pierre 'crazy' for declining Anderson Silva super fight - MMAmania.com

"I will tell you right now that I want to fight the No. 1 fighter in the world. I've always said that … I want to fight No. 1. Georges never said that. That's the only thing I have said negative about Georges is that if I were in his place. I would be asking for the Anderson Silva fight. I wouldn't that blow away … that's crazy."
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 03-05-2013 at 08:19 AM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

This interview makes me laugh for some reason. Probably because everybody in the world thinks Nick should be scared but him. He just scoffs at GSP's abilities lol. He may be crazy but at least we are in for a good fight (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    This interview makes me laugh for some reason. Probably because everybody in the world thinks Nick should be scared but him. He just scoffs at GSP's abilities lol. He may be crazy but at least we are in for a good fight (in my opinion).
    Scared is a loaded term. It's kind of like fanboys who assume that people critical of a champ ducking an opponent are "haters who think he's scared" of whomever is being ducked.

I don't think Georges can do anything to him that hasn't been done before...so I doubt he's scared.

Nick already asked for the Anderson fight, once soares put him on the shortlist of fighters Anderson would deign to actually face.

I don't believe Georges is any more scared of Anderson than Anderson is of Weidman; or Nick is of Georges. I just don't think he thinks it's worth the risk/reward ratio--kind of how Nick treated the Hieron shot.

I'd love to be able to say Georges has integrity and just wants to defend his belt, but he's clearly ducking Hendricks...so that pooch is already screwed.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Maybe after Diaz gets his ass handed to him by GSP he'll do enough bitching to "earn" a shot against Anderson. That would make it three losses in a row so maybe he'll go away for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

5. 03-05-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Scared is a loaded term. It's kind of like fanboys who assume that people critical of a champ ducking an opponent are "haters who think he's scared" of whomever is being ducked.

I don't think Georges can do anything to him that hasn't been done before...so I doubt he's scared.

Nick already asked for the Anderson fight, once soares put him on the shortlist of fighters Anderson would deign to actually face.

I don't believe Georges is any more scared of Anderson than Anderson is of Weidman; or Nick is of Georges. I just don't think he thinks it's worth the risk/reward ratio--kind of how Nick treated the Hieron shot.

I'd love to be able to say Georges has integrity and just wants to defend his belt, but he's clearly ducking Hendricks...so that pooch is already screwed.

rh
    I don't think Georges has ducked anyone. Georges wants to beat Nick, that's it then he'll face whomever is in line.

I love how it's the one fight he asks for and suddenly he's ducking everyone...

Is it possible that Nick shies away from interviews and media engagements because he actually KNOWS how stupid he comes off? I can't stand him but i dont want to mock someone's intelligence. Im sure around age 11 he made the decision that he was a fighter and books started being used for papers so i don't blame him for being uneducated. I never really thought about the possibility that he is aware of how he sounds and, therefore, hates doin this stuff. I always chocked it up to him being immature but i suppose maybe i can give him a shred of credit that it might be self consciousness.
    LJS-NEMS

Nick Diaz commenting on what is or is not crazy is hilarious. Some might call it crazy to fuck yourself out of the biggest fight of your career, his last fight against St. Pierre, but no-showing media obligations and then running away from Cesar Gracie's house to avoid talking with Dana White; some might.

Quote Originally Posted by Trustym2 View Post
    I don't think Georges has ducked anyone. Georges wants to beat Nick, that's it then he'll face whomever is in line...
    People have different interpretations of the very loaded term "ducking," as I said.

Hendricks is the #1 contender. He's done more to earn a shot than Diaz has. Georges is not fighting the #1 contender, he's fighting someone else. That, by my definition is "ducking" the #1 contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Trustym2 View Post
    I love how it's the one fight he asks for and suddenly he's ducking everyone...
    I love how fanboys get emotional about any criticism to the object of their affection.

I don't believe that champions should ask for any opponents, unless those opponents are the #1 contender. I feel like champions are obligated to defend against the best. I interpret anything else as ducking.

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    Is it possible that Nick shies away from interviews and media engagements because he actually KNOWS how stupid he comes off? I can't stand him but i dont want to mock someone's intelligence. Im sure around age 11 he made the decision that he was a fighter and books started being used for papers so i don't blame him for being uneducated. I never really thought about the possibility that he is aware of how he sounds and, therefore, hates doin this stuff. I always chocked it up to him being immature but i suppose maybe i can give him a shred of credit that it might be self consciousness.
    I think he understands how he comes off. He's more intelligent than people give him credit for, he doesn't have the education and polish that many people in front of a camera do, and he's never been interested in gaining it.

I've read where Nick has some learning disabilities and acute social anxiety, he grew up in one of the worst cities in the country and had a very difficult childhood. He dropped out of high school to help support his mother and Nate.

But he has stated that he hates media events because he's not good at them, and they often edit whatever he gives them to make him look even more stupid and/or change the context and meaning of what he's trying to convey.

I wish he'd turn it around and embrace the caricature he's billed as...he should show up to media events and not pay any attention, just play games on his phone with headphones in, answering any questions that are absolutely forced on him with deliberate and obvious nonsense...and then let his actions in the cage do the bulk of his talking. That's where his talent lies, and his reputation could hardly get worse.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information