Thread: Mark Munoz fights Tim Boetsch at UFC 162

1. Default Mark Munoz fights Tim Boetsch at UFC 162

Mark Munoz fights Tim Boetsch at UFC 162 - Bloody Elbow

Today has been an incredibly busy day as far as fight announcements, and another one has been made for UFC 162 in Las Vegas. The UFC announced Mark Munoz versus Tim Boetsch as well as confirmed the other middleweight tiilt between Roger Gracie and Tim Kennedy:

Highly-regarded Strikeforce middleweights Roger Gracie and Tim Kennedy will make their UFC debuts against one another at UFC 162; middleweights Tim "The Barbarian" Boetsch and top-ten ranked Mark "The Filipino Wrecking Machine" Munoz will also clash.
    Munoz (12-3) has not fought since his completely lopsided beating at the hands of Chris Weidman last July. It was literally one of the least competitive matches of 2012, as Munoz was taken down twice and did not land a single significant strike (according to FightMetric) in 6:37 of action. Prior to the Weidman loss, Munoz had won four straight fights, including a TKO win over Chris Leben and a close unanimous decision over Demian Maia.

Boetsch (16-5) won his first 4 fights at middleweight before suffering an upset 3rd round TKO loss to Constantinos Philippou at UFC 155. The fight was marred by an accidental headbutt, which opened up a cut on Boetsch's forehead. Boetsch's best win was a dramatic 3rd round stoppage win over Yushin Okami at UFC 144 in Japan, a fight he was soundly losing in the previous two rounds.
    *Sorry if this has been posted already. I've been away for a couple of days.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Yeah, this makes pretty good sense to me. I'm picking Tim to bounce back with a UD. Should be a decent fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Fan-funking-tastic fight. Welcome back Mark.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Hmmmmm, long layoff for Munoz & Boetsch looked so banged up in that Consta fight. I think if Munoz can explode early, he can take it. But given how long his recovery has taken and Boetsch's crushing style, I think Boetsch drags Munoz into the later rounds and puts alot of pressure on him en route to a decision.

Toss-up, slightly leaning towards Boetsch.

Thats a good match up. I have the two ranked pretty close, skill-wise. I hope mark's injuries dont leave to much ring rust on him this time.

Wasn't a fan of Mark when he started out, and was rooting against him vs. Leben but I have him taking this fight. Any guy who wins via "Donkey Konging" is a good guy in my book.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Thread Information