+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson on June 15 in Winnipeg

Default Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson on June 15 in Winnipeg

A couple of news items came out today that give us a clearer picture of the UFC's plans for early Summer. First Tatame.com reported that the UFC has secured verbal agreements from Dan Henderson and Rashad Evans to face each other on June 15.

Secondly, Joe Ferrarao, host of SportsNet's UFC Central program tweeted the following:

I can confirm the UFC will host an event at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba on June 15th. More news forthcoming.
    — Joe Ferraro (@ShowdownJoe) March 4, 2013

It seems a safe bet this will be UFC 161 following UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Silva II on May 25 in Las Vegas.

Jake Shields vs. Tyron Woodley is also rumored for this card.
    UFC Winnipeg: Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson on June 15 - Bloody Elbow

Boo, should be Evans vs Machida. I see Rashad completely dominating Hendo if he actually uses a wrestling centered gameplan like he used against Rampage.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    I see Rashad completely dominating Hendo if he actually uses a wrestling centered gameplan like he used against Rampage.
    I agree, but if he turns up like he did against Nogueira he will get H-Bombed

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Boo, should be Evans vs Machida. I see Rashad completely dominating Hendo if he actually uses a wrestling centered gameplan like he used against Rampage.
    NO WAY does evans deserve a shot at machida after that stinker of a fight he just lost! i know machida's win wasn't impressive but it is a win none the less and he is now the #1 contender. you dont earn a shot at #1 contendership by losing to freakin little nog!
    Bow down before me as you will surely fall if you challenge me

Glad to see Hendo coming back so soon. Should be a good fight. Wonder if this will be a five rounder?

i think Rashad could have been a champ by now if he fought @ 185 and stuck with his wrestling

I don't like this one bit

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I don't like this one bit
    why not?
    i think rashad is getting lit up way worse than machida nuked him.
    I mean he lost to bones and then had chael lick his foot what else is their to do.

Styles make fights, but in the shallow pool at the top of the division, sometimes rankings dictate match ups. I don't think either of these two are championship material, and both are coming off disappointing performances. Zuffa will look to capitalize on name recognition but I see the fight playing out very much the same way as Hendo vs Machida.

I expect lots of circling/shimmying and a conservative game plan from Rashad, and too little versatility or athleticism from Hendo. Rashad by UD if he doesn't get caught with something stupid.

I'm not sure what a win would do for either of these fighters in the divisional rankings, unless somebody scores a spectacular finish. I could even see Hendo calling it a career if he comes up short.

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    why not?
    i think rashad is getting lit up way worse than machida nuked him.
    I mean he lost to bones and then had chael lick his foot what else is their to do.
    I hope you're right but I see Rashad making this fight almost as boring as Machida did and pulling off a decision. But again, I hope you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information