Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baro vs Wineland set as Main Event at UFC 161 for the Interim Belt

Default Baro vs Wineland set as Main Event at UFC 161 for the Interim Belt

Looks like cruz isnt ready for that summer time match with barao. I personally think Barao takes this fight pretty easily.

Agreed

Poor Cruz man, what a devastating injury this has turned out to be. Looks like it will be 2years between fights for him, based on the timing of the above fight

Quote Originally Posted by NLRepublic View Post
    Agreed

Poor Cruz man, what a devastating injury this has turned out to be. Looks like it will be 2years between fights for him, based on the timing of the above fight
    I know all about it dude. Blew my ACL out almost 3 years ago and im still not cleared by my surgen to play competitive sports. He basically said i would never be able to again i just refuse to accept that.

Snore on Wineland.

ZUFFA should've just sprung for Bibano when they had the chance and given him an interim title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I know all about it dude. Blew my ACL out almost 3 years ago and im still not cleared by my surgen to play competitive sports. He basically said i would never be able to again i just refuse to accept that.
    I hear you man, last kickboxing bout I was in, I wrecked my LCL. That was winter 2011, and I'm still going to physio twice a month, and it wasn't even a clean tear. The knees are a fucking game changer man, makes me feel old as shit haha

I hear you man, last kickboxing bout I was in, I wrecked my LCL. That was winter 2011, and I'm still going to physio twice a month, and it wasn't even a clean tear. The knees are a fucking game changer man, makes me feel old as shit haha
    I used to run everyday.

Now I can't even run for 1 minute without my knee slipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I used to run everyday.

haha no sir, I have been confined to a spin bike

Agreed

Yeah no doubt, I am not a huge Cruiz fan but you got to feel for him. Taken out of his game just as he was peaking... And then after a couple years off possibly, you got to wonder how rusty his game will be.

I almost think Cruiz should give up the belt so he can do a warm up fight before going for a title shot on his return.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I used to run everyday.

Y'all sound like a couple old men. Just kiddin', I have been blessed with good knees. A good buddy of mine can barely walk down a hill or steep slope while playing disc golf without almost blowing out his knees.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I tore my ACL during my last highschool soccer season. Complete tear but somehow 3 different MRI's missed the tear? Good old Canadian health care right there. Waited a year to get the surgery because of the MRI's not finding the tear and when i finally got the surgery i was on crutches for 6 weeks. Then did 6 months of physio 3 times a week until my benefits ran dry. Once the new year started again i went back to physio for 2 months 3 times a week again and its still not 100%. They want me to go out and buy some 1500 dollar brace which i refuse to do. Im forced to only play golf now, which really isnt a bad thing because i have golfed my entire life growing up and i actually appreciate going out on the course on summer day and forgetting about everything else going on in my life lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Y'all sound like a couple old men. Just kiddin', I have been blessed with good knees. A good buddy of mine can barely walk down a hill or steep slope while playing disc golf without almost blowing out his knees.
    im 21 years old, but most days my knee feels like its 41 years old.

Dominick Cruz remaining positive but admits recent title announcement 'sucks for me' - MMA Fighting

"I'm listening to my doctors," he wrote via text message, "and I'm not putting extra pressure on myself by giving any timeline because it's not possible to do so as of now. Everything associated with recovery/rehab is on track 100 percent."

Cruz (19-1) hasn't fought since he defended his belt against Demetrious Johnson at UFC on Versus 6 in Oct. 2011. He tore his ACL weeks before he was scheduled to fight Urijah Faber for a third time at UFC 146 last summer, and then was forced to undergo a second knee surgery in December when it was revealed that his injury didn't heal properly.

"I'm out of the equation until I'm cleared by the doctor," he wrote. "Barao is the champion for now, and my belt/title defenses up to this point save me a spot to fight the interim champion when I am healed.

"The UFC is a machine, and machines never stop. It's out of my hands at this point.

"And yes, needless to say, this sucks for me."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information